Water barrel plumbing

.03mm is very small so id say it shouldn't be an issue but I went out and bought the proper size hole saw for my 3/4" uniseal install

To me it just seemed like the barrels would curve to much for bulk heads or uniseals to work
These barrels are made of plastic and when you tighten the bulkhead enough that area "flattens" creating a proper seal. It has been done by many reefers with less issues than uniseals, same applies to brute cans.

Sandman... I'm about to use Uniseals today with my barrels. I've never used them before. My hole saw is slightly larger than the recommended hole size for this size Uniseal. I think by .03mm. Do you think that will be an issue?

How did you come up with this number? I am assuming converting from inches to mm with a calculator, because 0.03mm is microscopical. As pointed out by sandman it shouldn't be an issue and I would dare to say you have the correct hole saw.

Last edited:
uniseals, they especially work for curves since the pvc pushes the uniseal outwards for a tight fit, plus it's flexible unlike a bulkhead.

These barrels are made of plastic and when you tighten the bulkhead enough that area "flattens" creating a proper seal. It has been done by many reefers with less issues than uniseals, same applies to brute cans.

How did you come up with this number? I am assuming converting from inches to mm with a calculator, because 0.03mm is microscopical. As pointed out by sandman it shouldn't be an issue and I would dare to say you have the correct hole saw.

Lol... Correct. I calculated everything, I'm going for it. I didn't think it should be an issue but because I've never used them before I wanted to make sure I wouldn't have some kind of leak.

That was my first thought but I've heard of too many issues with the jebaos and other DC pumps being run external

Back