Waterbox 130.4 Macroalgae Display

Maybe I missed this info in the thread here but what power settings are you running your lights at? Mind sharing your lighting file? I saw you had radions. Also, are you stilling running a skimmer? I saw 2 of them in your build. The nyos and I saw a smaller one just sitting out in one of your earlier pictures.

I will try to get my lightning schedule and post it later this week! It's nothing special though, mainly start off blue and become more white as the day goes on before turning blue again.

I am using the Nyos 160 on this tank to help keep the nutrient down.

BhqOGceh.jpg

Where can I purchase Christmas tree worms like that? I've been searching for some

Beautiful!!!!

Sorry for the lack of updates! I've been busy with works and vacation to get away from this scorching heat!

I had my sister feed the tank for 2 weeks straight with no water change and when I came back... The algae had truly taken over the tank! I tested phosphate and it was still only 0.15, nitrate was still undetectable.

The only loss while I was gone was my emperor shrimp and my Caribbean Thorny Oyster.

FTS from today! I will need to do a trim soon

ogK24N3h.jpg

I purchased a Red Feather Starfish but didn't realized it would be a monster like this

T8mXUzkh.jpg

The other Feather dusters are still doing good!

6oR4m4Fh.jpg

Most of my Sea Cucumber seem to like this spot and gathered here

U1aO2NPh.jpg

ksOakjSh.jpg

Overgrown Algae

IsiXUvOh.jpg

Most of my Feather duster are still going strong

BhqOGceh.jpg

wOAA6bYh.jpg

Carnation Coral still holding on! It's not puffed out for this picture

fOMwucUh.jpg

My favorite Algae (Nemastoma) also exploded in growth while I was gone

rUIf2Xrh.jpg

I will try to get more pictures throughout the weekend here after I clean the tank up a bit!

This tank is amazing!

Where do you get all the different algae from?
And how do you make sure they are not coming with pests?

I'm planning on setting a 40B up as a mini shallow water patch reef with a blue gigantea as centerpiece and would want some red and green macroalgae for it.

Sorry for the lack of updates! I am back home for good now so hopefully I can do updates more frequently.

Everything is still doing good, there were some death but nothing too much.

Tank Shot

tLDDCVmh.jpg

toZzpQvh.jpg

Some Filter Feeders

xPLoBeUh.jpg

oAyWDoZh.jpg

1nxl398h.jpg

X939scWh.jpg

1j8yQrvh.jpg

9dCVEUCh.jpg

W2mbgvCh.jpg

2aj1UnAh.jpg

Sorry to revive this old thread, but do you still have this tank? Do you sell algae out of it when you trim? Would love to buy some!

Back