Welcome to our new club.

Hey Mgraf,
I have been just down tne coast and we rented a kayak. We hit the canals at low tide and have found all kinds of snails, hermits etc.... Check the closeest rental shop and chat a little.....they will hit you up with a fewspots for low tide collecting areas.....
Dark Lotus appreciate the response... Hit the phone books but was hoping for the local spots... I have not found much close. I am spoiled though. We have some great reef shops in Portland.

Be careful, all of the snails and hermits found around here are carnivorous! They will eat whatever they catch, fish etc.

hey hey
anyone in the Wilmington NC area willing to graciously donate me a few measuring cups of live sand to kick start my cycle?

thanks in advance!

If anyone in the Wilmington area wants some dry rock, I have 2 nice pieces of BRS Pukani that I do not need. The largest piece is 23 pounds and the other piece is 7 pounds. I would like to trade these for frags or other livestock, but would sell them for $75. If interested give me a call at 910-398-3850.

SAM_0499.jpg

SAM_0500.jpg

Hey North Carolina

Hey North Carolina

Hey everyone, I am new to just about everything (reef tanks, NC, forums). I would like to join Coastal Carolina Reef Keepers, but don't know how. I have had 2 different FOWLER tanks, and have my third set up and cycled. My LFS said I should join a local reef club for insight and hopefully cheap frags. I am looking forward to learning as much as I can about this lifestyle.

Hi,
If you go to the very first post in this thread, there is a link you can click on.
Sean

I would like to join

I would like to join

I am located 12 miles from Myrtle Beach South Carolina. I have only found 1 group based in Charlestown S.C. which Im a member there also. I haven't heard from anyone there in a long time and Im still New to the reef scene and have a whole lot of questions that I need answered. I would like to join a club that has activity. I know there is no way I can come to meetings but I can be apart thru the net. Thanks Again
John C Badenhop

I live in Myrtle Beach in I've been into saltwater aquariums since 1999 I currently have 5 tanks at my house unfortunately we do not actually have a Reef club or anything here. There's been numerous attempts and no luck to trying to get everybody together and it never quite makes it and falls apart. Bruce, the owner of sea critter Depot in North Myrtle Beach hosted a few get togethers to try to get something going with not alot of luck. I live off of bypass 17 and holmestown rd almost in garden city. Wrlcome

Hello MB Conway is in the house!

Hello MB Conway is in the house!

Hello from Conway, I had a beach house in NMB for years off 23rd ave s, then bought a house on 544 and finally moved to Conway to take care of my Mom, well she thinks shes taking care of me lol. Im glad to see im not the only person around these parts that has invested alot of money and time into these Reef Tanks. Maybe if this Live rock survives we can do some frag swaps. Anyways have a good one and keep on Reefin...
John C B.

Anyone still here? I live in South Eastern Virginia and haven't found a local reef club yet, I would love to join. Where do you meet?

Hi guys! I´m traveling from Sweden visiting Hilton head island this weekend. Any nearby lfs that you can recommend?

Thanks

If you head down to north mytle beach, Sc. There is a small store called sea critters depot. He has a awesome selection of corals etc. You just need to make sure he's open, they are only open 4 days a week. Bruce, the owner is awesome.

http://seacrittersdepot.com/

Back