Western_reefers 28 gallon Nano-Cube HQI diary.

Here are a few update pictures. Tell me what you think!
FTS
x24axk.jpg

Side shots.
20ztu2a.jpg

2urxe8o.jpg

Top part of the tank.
bzbkj.jpg

2v8q2bs.jpg

Top-Middle
2vv3x9c.jpg

Well, I think: Damn, I wish that my nanocube will be looking that good in the future! :)

I love the thicker gorgonian (on my wish list as well) on the right side and the sand/rock anemone. Are you going to add porcelain crabs or anemone shrimps in it?

Regards,

Marcel

Your tank is coming along very nicely moses. I am really liking the mature look that its getting. I love that Gorgonian too. What type is it? I might get some for my 28NC.

Keep up the good work. At one point I thought you got rid of this tank when you setup the bigger one.

Well, I think: Damn, I wish that my nanocube will be looking that good in the future! :)

I love the thicker gorgonian (on my wish list as well) on the right side and the sand/rock anemone. Are you going to add porcelain crabs or anemone shrimps in it?

Regards,

Marcel

Thanks!! :D

I might in the future, not sure yet.

Your tank is coming along very nicely moses. I am really liking the mature look that its getting. I love that Gorgonian too. What type is it? I might get some for my 28NC.

Keep up the good work. At one point I thought you got rid of this tank when you setup the bigger one.

Thanks! The gorgonians are healing and growing back from when my 180 cracked, most of them lost a lot of tissue. Which gorgonians? I have 4 different kinds.

Thanks! I did, but the 180 cracked and I set this nano back up.

At one point I had a reef tank, freshwater fish tank and a freshwater planted tank. I got rid of the two freshwater tanks and just enjoyed the reef tank. With too many tanks or large tanks you end up doing so much maintenance you dont enjoy the tank. So its a bummer that the 180 cracked, but I think you are doing quite well with this tank. I now have a nano and dont miss my large tank.

At one point I had a reef tank, freshwater fish tank and a freshwater planted tank. I got rid of the two freshwater tanks and just enjoyed the reef tank. With too many tanks or large tanks you end up doing so much maintenance you dont enjoy the tank. So its a bummer that the 180 cracked, but I think you are doing quite well with this tank. I now have a nano and dont miss my large tank.

Yeah, I had a few FW tanks and got rid of them as well. I had another tank hooked up to the 180, a 65 gallon species only Garden Eel tank, I loved it soo much. So, I only had 2 tanks, the 180 and the 65. The maintenance wasn't too much, clean the glass, feed the fish, dose cal/alk, do weekly watcher changes and that's it. I do miss my big tank, but my parents don't let me set up a big tank anymore of fear of it cracking again. lol

Do you still have your rear sump set up with it flowing into the chaeto then to rubble on the bottom and then to the skimmer? Are you getting good pod populations and low detritus build up in there too? I am just asking because i took a look into the rear sump of mine today to find that i am starting to get some detritus build up, and i am running barebottom! My set up is like this: Sponge, carbon pad, carbon media bag...... then i have chemi pure elite in the chamber where the skimmer is supposed to be and just some sponges to trap detritus in the other chamber. Do you tink I would benefit more from your set up?

Do you still have your rear sump set up with it flowing into the chaeto then to rubble on the bottom and then to the skimmer? Are you getting good pod populations and low detritus build up in there too? I am just asking because i took a look into the rear sump of mine today to find that i am starting to get some detritus build up, and i am running barebottom! My set up is like this: Sponge, carbon pad, carbon media bag...... then i have chemi pure elite in the chamber where the skimmer is supposed to be and just some sponges to trap detritus in the other chamber. Do you tink I would benefit more from your set up?

Yeah, but I removed my skimmer. Yeah, I have a good pod population. Detritus does build up, but I siphon it out when I do water changes. If you don't have any algae and your happy with your set up, keep it as it is. :)

Back