Western_reefers 28 gallon Nano-Cube HQI diary.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14209290#post14209290 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by joesfiddy
how often do you do water changes?? and how much

I do 4 gallon weekly water changes. A bucket of salt that can make 150-160 gallons lasts a little bit less than a year.

Here is a picture I took 5 minutes ago.
Picture154-1.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14347890#post14347890 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by odiest
Tank looks great!!! Did you have to make any modifications to fit the skimmer on the back?

Dave
Thanks! No, Not really. I just had to take out some chaeto so I can put my pump in the middle chamber.(I didn't take all of the chaeto out, just some so the pump can fit.)

Here are a few pictures of the CPR BakPak 2 skimmer that I took 5 minutes ago. :D
Picture513.jpg

Here is a picture of the collection cup. As you can see, it skimmed out a ton of nasty dark gunk. That's about 3.5-4 days worth of skimmat.
Picture526.jpg

Great looking setup :D

I have the same tank as you and was wondering what setting you have on the wavemaker please?

Also I have two koralia nano powerheads in the tank one on the left hand side of the glass a third way down pointing diagonally towards the centre of my tank and the other pointing from the right hand side half way down pushing across the back.

My aquascaping is central with lots of pot holes etc and free space all around :rolleyes:

Any suggestions with flow etc would be great!

Cheers,

Rich

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14453694#post14453694 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by toothadash
Great looking setup :D

I have the same tank as you and was wondering what setting you have on the wavemaker please?

Also I have two koralia nano powerheads in the tank one on the left hand side of the glass a third way down pointing diagonally towards the centre of my tank and the other pointing from the right hand side half way down pushing across the back.

My aquascaping is central with lots of pot holes etc and free space all around :rolleyes:

Any suggestions with flow etc would be great!

Cheers,

Rich

Thanks! :D

I don't use the wavemaker. My pumps are on 24/7.

I only have the 2 stock pumps and one powerhead in the tank as you can see in the picture on the right side.

Just make sure you don't have any dead spots. :)

Just spent the past hour or so reading the entire thread. I'm surprised nobody asked, so I will...

What do you do for maintenance weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, etc?

Looks incredible!

Let me clarify...what maintenance do you do in addition to the 4 gal water changes weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, etc? What supplements do you add?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13527763#post13527763 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Western_reefer
I just ordered a new MH bulb! YAY!! :dance: :dance:

14,000K Phoenix HQI Double Ended - 150W
Subtotal: $54.95

Total Price Discounts: $2.75

Tax: $4.05

S&H: $0.00

Final Total: $56.25

:dance:

First off, great reef! I love it. Quick question: What bulb came with your nano? I read this is included in the kit, "150 watt 14000°K HQI metal halide lighting" but you seem to have purchased a new bulb. Could you explain to this newb?

Also, since the search function on this site lacks, ummm, everthing! What is this "chaeto" light that you made for the back? Do you know a good thread on it? Or could you explain it to me? Again, I'd be happy to search... If I could!

Moving on. Where can I find the "legs" for the light? You mentioned you got them from an LFS...

Lastly, I imagine with your setup, any tank maintenance usually means taking the whole lighting unit off rather then using the included hinges. Is this true?

Thank you and again, awesome tank!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14729597#post14729597 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Blev
First off, great reef! I love it. Quick question: What bulb came with your nano? I read this is included in the kit, "150 watt 14000°K HQI metal halide lighting" but you seem to have purchased a new bulb. Could you explain to this newb?

Also, since the search function on this site lacks, ummm, everthing! What is this "chaeto" light that you made for the back? Do you know a good thread on it? Or could you explain it to me? Again, I'd be happy to search... If I could!

Moving on. Where can I find the "legs" for the light? You mentioned you got them from an LFS...

Lastly, I imagine with your setup, any tank maintenance usually means taking the whole lighting unit off rather then using the included hinges. Is this true?

Thank you and again, awesome tank!

Well, I answered all but one of my questions by simply finished up your thread (I stopped around page 5 and posted the above questions which were all answered in the rest of the thread).

So my only question left is: I imagine with your setup, any tank maintenance usually means taking the whole lighting unit off rather then using the included hinges. Is this true?

Back