What Color is Your Carpet? {pics please}

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10351824#post10351824 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by shred5
where do you find these S. tapetum ?
in my aquarium :lol:

sorry- I couldn't resist.
I don't recall seeing them anywhere before seeing them in my aquarium, quite honestly. (A search of RC will prove that I'm the first person here to post about them.)
Few references are made anywhere regarding them. They don't host Clownfish and they remain a relatively obscure species in the hobby.

yup. GM is THE ULTIMATE resource. i think think i've read every one of your posts (twice even) regarding these guys; thanks gary!

i've been slicing both minis and maxis manually. i have a photo guide posted but it's on another site.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10351991#post10351991 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dmzl
yup. GM is THE ULTIMATE resource. i think think i've read every one of your posts (twice even) regarding these guys; thanks gary!

i've been slicing both minis and maxis manually. i have a photo guide posted but it's on another site.
pu-leeze PM me a link :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10352064#post10352064 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by delphinus
Would it really be un-copasetic to post a link so that others can see it too? I wouldn't mind see it too... :)
I don't know if it would fly.
How about settling for a picture of the good 'ol way tapetum reproduce? :D

MaxiCarpetMarch07.jpg

photo by RandyO

I've seen a few pop up on liveaquaria in the past few months, they really are quite cool looking.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10352645#post10352645 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by lemec
I've seen a few pop up on liveaquaria in the past few months, they really are quite cool looking.
what anemone isn't cool looking?
Even Aiptasia can be admired for several of their qualities IMO :D

Here is the best closed up I have of my yellow/green/tan haddoni.

babyblue310_3.jpg

FTS

newbulbwithflash.jpg

Close ups of my blue Haddoni (( under sunlight from my skylight ))

carpetsunlight3.jpg

Older picture of it under tank lights.

leftsideblue.jpg

Nice pics and you are very fortunate to have such a nice piece. I can recall seeing one quite that color anywhere. Do you remember where you got it?

oh looky there........page 20 FTW!

That blue is just amazing. Diver's Den sounds like a good place to find quite a few lucky finds. GIFT!! I need friends like yours ;)

Thanks a lot. I've gotten a lot of good stuff from the Diver's Den part of Foster and Smith.

LOL LOL It was one of the last gifts that I got from her. ;)

Back