What do you do with your RO waste water?

Run a waste line to your toploading washing machine. It'll save it until needed. Doesn't work well with HO washers.

Im currently setting up a waste water tank in the attic that when full will bypass the main water line into the toilet cistern. It can all by controlled by 2 stop taps. Simple and eliminates all waste of water...

Also everyone with high enough tap pressure should be running an upgrade on the RO/DI unit. This will half waste and double the usable water. Its only about $50/£40.

I don't see how running it to the washing machine works. Do you bypass the water-fill cycle or rely on the sensor to sense the water level to not add more water?

I don't see how running it to the washing machine works. Do you bypass the water-fill cycle or rely on the sensor to sense the water level to not add more water?

The water level is kinda dumb. Simply a sensor that tells it when to stop filling so you can put the water in via the RO and the machine tops off and takes care of the rest.

Personally I send it back to the drain so that it may be reprocessed and sent back out to someone who's thirsty.

Currently goes down the drain :( but planning to plumb it into my front yard drip system to water plants once I build out my new water change station that ill be building this summer.

Currently going down the drain but after reading everything here may be worth getting a storage tank next to our garden and using it for the garden.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

This is a great thread....my rodi unit is in the basement in the boiler room...i have a small hole that can accomodate the line (i use to use this hole to provide fresh air to my skimmer but i dont need it anymore) so i can transfer the line up 4 ft and out 30ft into my back yard...way to go...

In no particular order, mine goes in the pool/spa, house plants, washing machine, fresh water tank top off and water changes. I have a 32g brute can that stores the waste (unused) water.

So far it goes to waste but I have plans in the near future to use it for watering plants and grass.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

I'm just curious, I have decent pressure at home, around 50psi. Is there enough pressure buildup on the wastewater lines to pump it long distances, say, 60-80 feet?

I'm contemplating setting up a large pressure tank and using it for the faucet and auto wash down feature on my skimmer... I deal with chloramines so shy of doing a whole house setup or yet another point of use filter this could be a reasonable way to get it done.

Trying to think of the best way to accomplish this without impacting the RODI. Maybe a reservoir that a booster pump with pressure switch pulls from...

I used to have a 75gal rodi pressure tank... boy did that make a mess when the bladder failed :lol:

Back