Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Combination: Tunzes and Koralias/Maxijets

• Combination: Vortechs and Koralias/Maxijets

Votes: 17 10.5%
  • Other. (Please post)

• Total voters
5x vortech mp40w on my 360. Return is a dart so that adds a little bit of flow.

Used to run 8x koralia 4. They were ok but nothing like the vortechs. I replaced 2 koralias per vortech over time one at a time.

In addition to my VorTechs, I also have a bit of minor flow from a Rena XP3 canister running empty except for a bag of carbon. I don't really consider the canister as additional flow, it does create a little extra turbulence at the center of the tank where it meets the VorTech flow. Oh yes, sumpless, so no extra flow from any returns.

I have two K 3's pointing towards each other on the back panel with the flow just passing each other... and that is in my 110 tall

I have a 120 mixed reef mostly softies with sugar sand. I have a tunze 6100 adjustable set at medium and Korila 2 and a modded maxi jet 900. A little tricky setting everything so I do not blast everything.

Currently, I am running an MP10 and a K3 on my 40gal breeder. At some point in the future, I am going to replacing the K3 with another MP10.

1 6105 on a 7096, and a 6045 so to be replaced with another 6105. both on my 125. I have the 6105 set on a max of 60% and it moves the softies and LPS on the other side of the tank pretty good. Anymore than 60 and I think it gets too rough for them.

4 vortechs on my 220..crazy amount of money spent on these babys,but so much better than the 8 k4 I was running:lolspin:

2 K3's on my 65...I think I am going to upgrade to K4's with Xmas money. I have some dead spots that I don't care for.

I use mostly big pond pumps.. I have a 480G (4'x8'x2') tank and 200G sump plus a large amount of plumbing. After live rock (several hundred pounds) I estimate my gallonage at around 530G. I have a Wave I 1/8HP 3960GPH and and a Wave I 1/15HP 3000GPH pump drawing from the tank and returning from the tank. The 1/8HP pump feeds a pair of sea swirl 1" oscillating heads at one end. I have another Wave I 1/8HP pump sending the sump water back to the tank through the overflow into a manifold that is under my live rock aquascape that surrounds my skimmer box. It pumps the water out all around the base of the overflow box that is located in the center of the tank keeping constant flow from underneath the rocks at the center. There is also an Iwaki RLT100 that draws from my sump, feeds my chiller 40' away from my tank, then returns to the sump after going through my beckett skimmer.

Judging by the poll results, it seems like you guys really like those Koralias. I probably could save a small fortune on my electric bill rethinking my circulation though I do have some pretty crazy water circulation..

Last edited:
tunze wavebox
6101 slaved to the 6091 controller that came with the wavebox
2 k4's
1 modded maxijet that I only run on occasion
210g with lps & zoas (would like more flow, but everytime I try to add more I either make a sandstorm or upset my lps)

Back