What kind of controller do you use??

Apex Gold. Spent the extra cash and am glad I did. Being able to check tank info and change settings either online or on phone is awesome. From timers to fall backs to auto water changes - Apex all the way.

Speaking of auto water changes - anyone have any experience programming apex to do this? (Still fine tuning mine :fun4:)

Wait. Are you THE science guy? Whether you are or not, welcome to Reef Central!

Mike

Reef Keeper Light. Cheap and works.

Digital Aquatics is about to release there new Controller called Archon. Looks darn impressive.

"“ Multiple selectable inputs for pH and/or ORP
"“ 4 bus ports for connection to Archon modules
"“ 4 individual 0-5/0-10V outputs for lighting and dimmable ballasts
"“ 6 ports for switch inputs or triggers
"“ 4 ports for PWM dimming control for LED lighting
"“ Built-in programming and firmware updating via USB
"“ Full compatibility with existing Digital Aquatics modules
- Built-in Wireless
- 4 gig Micro SD Card

And can be programmed from ANY device. Mac, PC, Tablet, Phone,

:fish1:

Now i'm interested. I had been planning to DIY an entire controller setup just to get all the features i wanted without having to spend a million bajillion dollars. Is the pricing of the archon supposed to be equivalent to(replacement for) the current reefkeeper units?

Human brain, it simply works, never fails, doesn't require programming or electricity.

This is exactly why I DO have a controller. Mine breaks all the time, fails constantly and requires programming from the wife. At least I don't need to be plugged in (yet) :spin3:

This is exactly why I DO have a controller. Mine breaks all the time, fails constantly and requires programming from the wife. At least I don't need to be plugged in (yet) :spin3:

LOL, yeah... i feel sorry for my kids who are reliant upon my brain to make sure they survive through the first 18 years. Thank god for their Mom. :thumbsup:

I use neptune apex. Love it I have it set up with a network bridge (I think it was 30 dollars) so now it connects with wifi to the home network worth the little extra so I didn't have to run the cat5 cable

Running an Apex here. Pretty easy to use, love the expandability. If I had some extra money flow I'd love to try a Profilux but for the meantime I like what I have.

Just an FYI. I use the apple airport express as a wireless bridge. For those of you looking at getting your controller online this worked for me. However I'm not computer savvy either so that may be why this was my preferred option

I've found that powerline adapters make great devices for the Apex if you can't run a wire. I went with a wireless bridge for awhile because I had one lying around from doing product testing. After it dropping off the network for no reason, forcing me to cut short my evening out to run home and check on the tank, I decided wired was the way to go. They are also typically cheaper than a wireless bridge and a lot easier for someone to set up that isn't very tech savvy.

Back