What would you do if this hobby was banned

Get back into dart frogs and Bonsai. I miss bonsai a lot, just can't focus on it enough with the tank.

That said I would fight the loss of the hobby to the last and probably end up in jail.

Like most things like this the hobby needs to find a very good lawyer. It has worked wonders for me when I had ex wife issues. A very good lawyer use to dealing with these issues and agency's could straighten this problem out in the hobbies favor.

Like most things like this the hobby needs to find a very good lawyer. It has worked wonders for me when I had ex wife issues. A very good lawyer use to dealing with these issues and agency's could straighten this problem out in the hobbies favor.

I all able hobbiest chipped in 10% of what they spend on their tanks yearly, we could get a high powered attorney to help us out with this issue. Jmo

I doubt it would be banned entirely, but it wouldn't sadden me at all if there were additional restrictions on live capture and export. I feel there should be greater incentives for those helping out with aquaculture'd fish and frags, it should make up a greater % of our new tank purchases IMO

I doubt it would be banned entirely, but it wouldn't sadden me at all if there were additional restrictions on live capture and export. I feel there should be greater incentives for those helping out with aquaculture'd fish and frags, it should make up a greater % of our new tank purchases IMO
This^

I'd become an highly skilled assassin and quietly hunt down all who had a hand in banning this hobby until they made it legal again:)

I understand coral conservation is important, but they need to go after the importers that buy illegally collected corals and the pet stores that choose to be greedy and make money from these corals. we might not be able to openly sell them on E-bay or even frag swaps, but private selling and trading wont change much and I don't think this hobby is threatened any time soon unless the ocean ecosystem decided to collapse one day.

I guess I'd have to go underground with it. Start buying fish/corals from some shady looking guy in a dark alley. Oh wait, that describes my LFS! :)

Back