What would you like to see in a fish store??

We are lucky in the S. Calif. area, as one of the old time RC posters (member since 2002) opened up a lfs.

It is everything an RC member could want. Sparkling clean tanks, healthy livestock, good deals & fair pricing, brightly lit clean store, willingness to frag, owner/operator there all the time, will make house calls after hours to help, couches to sit on and visit, friendly service, great advice, good name brand equipment competitive with online prices, rare corals, beginner corals, takes special requests & will find special fish at the wholesalers. I could go on and on, but that is part of what makes his store a joy to shop at.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15170843#post15170843 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Macimage
We are lucky in the S. Calif. area, as one of the old time RC posters (member since 2002) opened up a lfs.

It is everything an RC member could want. Sparkling clean tanks, healthy livestock, good deals & fair pricing, brightly lit clean store, willingness to frag, owner/operator there all the time, will make house calls after hours to help, couches to sit on and visit, friendly service, great advice, good name brand equipment competitive with online prices, rare corals, beginner corals, takes special requests & will find special fish at the wholesalers. I could go on and on, but that is part of what makes his store a joy to shop at.

What store is this?

I guess there is no RC violation in posting or recommending a favorite lfs.

RC member Project Reef (Ali) is truly one of us. He used to attend all our backyard swaps going back 6-7 years that I remember. I've notice he doesn't post as much on RC anymore, but I'm sure he doesn't want to violate any rules (although lots of other commercial vendors use the forums for thinly veiled advertising imho).

His store is:

http://www.amazingaquariumsandreefs.com/

I would like a LFS to have equipment on hand. I hate having to buy skimmers and controllers and things like that online. Even if its gives the dimensions skimmers always look bigger than you think. And a station for controllers like an electronics store, with the different units running "display modes". And even MH and other lights out of the box so you can actually see them in person.

I am lucky to have LFS's with good knowledable people and good to great coral on hand. And they all have plenty of food and sand and stuff like that.

Back