What's up w/Linoma Reefs site?

As the former president and the person who was part of the merger, I can assure you that the domain ownership was transferred to the club and that the issue is with the data from what I know. Its a real shame that all the years of work went down the drain due to one person failing to follow through with the transfer of the database when told it would expire. There was 6 months warning and a 30 day grace period. Not to mention there were no back ups during this time. Its very disappointing since I was part of the merger of the 2 clubs and the migration of linomareefs.com becoming the NMS website. It just goes to show you that running a club and website is more than just sitting along the sidelines and watching it go. This was entirely in the hands and control of the NMS BOD to make happen. I just hope they don't blame the wrong guy for this failure. On the bright side it may be time create a better site for the future,

Still linomareefs.com or what?

Still linomareefs.com or what?

Im still getting the error, and the announcement said by 0300am NLT, is it a different website or is it still linomareefs.com and we just havent gotten an update???

Visit our new forum at www.NebraskaMarineSociety.com Servers are still in the process of updating. Some of you may just be directed to the old page that our forum link will not work on, but many will be able to view and use the new sight right now! It will be available to all by 9pm tomorrow (Saturday, Oct.23rd) Its a little ugly still.. But now all that is an easy fix!

will any of the old info transfer over then? Is that what you mean by "the process of updating"?

Data is not recoverable. The BODs will answer any additional questions at the meeting tomorrow about what caused this and what we have done to insure it doesn't happen again.

Unfortunately no. All data, including pm's, posts, and user ID's have been lost. You will need to register again when the site becomes available to you.

What about paid membership? Do you have record of that? I just registered/paid on 10-14.

Data is not recoverable. The BODs will answer any additional questions at the meeting tomorrow about what caused this and what we have done to insure it doesn't happen again.

What about those of us that can't go to the meeting b/c we live 2.5 hrs away and can't get there today?

What about those of us that can't go to the meeting b/c we live 2.5 hrs away and can't get there today?
or because its a football Saturday and the meeting time occurs during the game...

I would hope that the BOD could begin a section on the NMS forums called "NMS Meetings" where an agenda and subsequent meeting notes could be posted for each upcoming meeting.

I would hope that the BOD could begin a section on the NMS forums called "NMS Meetings" where an agenda and subsequent meeting notes could be posted for each upcoming meeting.

I was wondering about that also :thumbsup:

Sorry if you can't attend today's meeting because of logistics. The BOD is looking into something for those who would have to travel great distances (like yourself) but we need to work on some details before it can be implemented. There will be minutes posted for those who could not attend.

For the people not attending due to the Huskers game, all I can say is... prioritize!

and if you come to a meeting during a husker game....

Wear something RED !!! :bounce2:

great meeting but we need more husker fans:beer:

Easy for me :) Husker shirts, jacket, hair thingys....just need the pants and shoes now :inlove: my huskers!

Ya know they actually said (during the OK game last night) is it possible for fans to love a team too much! They don't usually play as well at home as they do away. After last weeks Texas game Niles Paul's brother (or brothers) almost got in a fight after some choice things were said (they announced this during the OK game too). Crazy stuff. Made me think about being so livid when they dropped all those frickin balls last week. They are human, I suppose...

I hope they can hold it together since Mizzou just ousted #1 and we play Mizzou next week at home.

edit...don't get me started on the Huskers. I could probably "talk" forever :lolspin:

Easy for me :) Husker shirts, jacket, hair thingys....just need the pants and shoes now :inlove: my huskers!

Ya know they actually said (during the OK game last night) is it possible for fans to love a team too much! They don't usually play as well at home as they do away. After last weeks Texas game Niles Paul's brother (or brothers) almost got in a fight after some choice things were said (they announced this during the OK game too). Crazy stuff. Made me think about being so livid when they dropped all those frickin balls last week. They are human, I suppose...

I hope they can hold it together since Mizzou just ousted #1 and we play Mizzou next week at home.

edit...don't get me started on the Huskers. I could probably "talk" forever :lolspin:

LOL... I told Greg it was a good thing the meeting was at 4:30, since that was at haltfime when we were ahead. Right after the meeting I called my wife on the cell to find out the news and I let out a husker yell right there in the store. Just couldnt help myself. Great game . They looked a lot better than last week . I know what you mean about the mizzou game, the big 12 championship is on the line. It will be a great game

GO Big Red !!!!

Back