What's wrong with Dory???

jhendu

Premium Member
Yeah, yeah. I've got little girls so we call this fish Dory. Anyway, Here's a pic of my blue hippo. Can't figure out what her deal is. She acts perfectly normal but looks like poo poo. Has been this way for as long as I can remember (except right when we got it) but she's still acting fine. Any thoughts? She is from one of those "big box" death machine pet stores if that may have played a factor.

DSC05180.jpg

with lack of a better picture. i'd say that your hepatus suffered from HLLE (head and lateral line erosion). Check your water parameters. Also, you will need to feed it well (2/3 times a day) and with vitamins (vitachem or selcon) also provide it with alots of algae to graze on.

Yeah, the fish wouldn't exactly hold still for me. Parameters are
temp: 78
PH: 7.8
Nitrate: 15
Phos: 0
SG: 1.022

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11650961#post11650961 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jhendu
Yeah, the fish wouldn't exactly hold still for me. Parameters are
temp: 78
PH: 7.8
Nitrate: 15
Phos: 0
SG: 1.022

you need to bring those nitrate's down. what are the values of ammonia and nitrites?

The discoloration could be coral stings. Your pH could come up a little. The nitrates are at the limits for a reef.

Yup, working on bringing the SG up. Trying to do it slowly by adding salty top off water. The PH will hopefully come under control this week after adding my calc reactor. And obviously I want those nitrates down. I'm do for a wc just been really busy.

Back