where to buy 5 gal bucket..

jcs11236

i have just tested my phosphates in my fresh made salt water and the levels are .11!! i tested it 3 times. i had checked the fresh ro water last night and it was .00. so the only thing it could be is the 5 gal bucket or the maxi jet pump.. what u guys think? where do i buy a safe 5 gal bucket?

i made it thursday night.. i was going to do water change now. u think by letting it sit so long the phos leaches from bucket? i should throw this water away and make fresh made? help me! lol

hmm idk then, i know that fresh made water has some ammonia at first but i wasnt aware of phos....get buckets from HD or a small brute trash can. 10g is the smallest i think

i use the orange bucket from HD.. i heard Anthony27 once say they leach phos but i tested it and it was 00 a few months back.. but i think the water was freshly made. not sitting 2 whole nights in HD bucket.. idk man.. im jus stress..

airborn particles maybe getting into the mix? like house cleaners(windex, fabreeze, Etc.)

just a thought, only because I've used HD, Lowes, old salt buckets, brute trash cans, and those 55G blue barrels and ive never seen an increase in PO4 after mixing SW.

Are you positive that your RODI is making 0TDS and 0 PO4?

I wouldn't use the HD buckets or just any bucket...use the one thats made for food or drinkable liquids..I use the old salt buckets....

i just tested the jug i keep my ro in( its the jug that the premade seawater comes in-nutrisea water) and the phos is .07! oh man.. im having the worst day ever. where do i buy these food grade buckets?

I got mine from my ex-roomate. He took them from his resturant :lol:

Maybe try a food store supply store?:confused:

Julio.. have you thought of using a small 5 1/2 gallon AGA fish tank bought from Petland @ $11.99 for storing your freshly made RODI water. Maybe storing them in food grade 1gallon milk containers can help. I'm just throwing ideas at you.

Great ideas. A few months ago jcs n I tested the bucket he used and found zero po4's.

What is the resin that the bucket is made of?
The SPI resin identification coding system is a set of symbols placed on plastics to identify the polymer type.
Table of resin codes

Certain Resins of plastics may not be suitable for our purpose.

This thread saved me from a water flood in my basement. Thank You :]

I had RO water running downstairs and I read the thread title and in my head I thought

5 gallon bucket > Hey I have one from Home Depot for RO water > WAIT RO WATER! > <font size="3" color="#0000FF">profanity removed</font>!!!!!

Definitely cover the top of the bucket with a lid. All that dust and stuff going into raise the TDS. I know because I have a giant 20 gallon tub that has no bucket and the top layer has floating stuff on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the replies everyone.. the hd bucket is HDPE2 which looks on the list to be safe and the ro jug and i even checked the esv 2part gallon jugs are all made of the same.. i think my hanna meter is wacked! i keep getting different reading.. but none are coming back 0! lol..

what code is on the bottom of ur bucket Dr.. i know u use a trash can but i kno u have those 5 gal salt buckets as well?

This thread saved me from a water flood in my basement. Thank You :]

I had RO water running downstairs and I read the thread title and in my head I thought

5 gallon bucket > Hey I have one from Home Depot for RO water > WAIT RO WATER! > <font size="3" color="#0000FF">profanity removed</font>!!!!!

Definitely cover the top of the bucket with a lid. All that dust and stuff going into raise the TDS. I know because I have a giant 20 gallon tub that has no bucket and the top layer has floating stuff on it.

lol

u owe me one for saving ur basement! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Back