Where to buy PVC pipe, fittings, and valves?

re76

I am in the process of planning my basement mixing station. I am pretty sure I want to do it with 3/4" Schedule 80 fittings and pipe but I'm not sure where to find everything locally.

I haven't checked out the plumbing section of a Lowes or Home Depot recently but if memory serves me, they dealt mostly in Schedule 40.

Is there anywhere around here that sells Schedule 80 pipe and fittings for a reasonable price?

I was planning on using the Cepex ball valves that BRS sells. I managed to find them a lot cheaper from US Plastics. I might end up going this route to save some money. Shipping isn't free but I think it would still be cheaper.

Is anyone else looking to buy any valves or fittings? US Plastics has some pretty good price breaks if your order 10+ of some things. I would be willing to organize a group buy for valves, fitting, etc if there is enough interest. It looks like they also sell Schedule 80 pipe but they only ship it via freight.

I am planning on doing the same type of thing, So yes- interested in sharing the order to save on shipping ,etc. PM me so we can exchange phone numbers. or if you come to the club meeting tonight we can talk there.

Where to buy PVC pipe, fittings, and valves?

I am out of town this weekend or else I would be at the meeting. Hope to make it to the next one.

I'm still haven't totally convinced myself yet that schedule 80 is worth it over schedule 40 pipe. I definitely think the schedule 80 Cepex valves are worth it from what I have read though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, I was planning on using schedule 40. But not completely decided.

See u in July, meeting is the club picnic at my place.

Welp... BRS is doing a 10% fathers day sale, which makes most of the valves and such almost the same price as what US Plastics is selling. With the BRS Reward points as well I think I'm just going to pull the trigger today.

What are the differences with the 3 models of cepex valves? US PLastics 1 1/2" prices range from E-qua @ $13.62, ST series @ $24.89, or Industrial grade @ $40ish depending on O-ring.

Kevin

What are the differences with the 3 models of cepex valves? US PLastics 1 1/2" prices range from E-qua @ $13.62, ST series @ $24.89, or Industrial grade @ $40ish depending on O-ring.

Kevin

I'm not sure what the difference between the models are. The industrial grade is what BRS sells. It looks like they have self lubricating PTFE (Teflon) seats which I think account for how they don't bind like other ball valves, and are more expensive. The o rings will change price a bit, with Viton being more expensive. I'm pretty sure EPDM is suitable for our applications. Maybe someone with more knowledge in this domain could chime in.

I got all my stuff at lowes, but was able to find a couple gate valves at my small local hardware store for like $5 I was shocked can't get them at big chain stores and om only using sch40 I didn't see any reason for sch 80

3535f754bc03e26496b52419d430b67c.jpg
0cd7d85f496b49233c2c9db82640b11c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I got all my stuff at lowes, but was able to find a couple gate valves at my small local hardware store for like $5 I was shocked can't get them at big chain stores and om only using sch40 I didn't see any reason for sch 80

Did that barrel have olives in it? I bought two barrels that were used to store Jalapenos and I'm struggling to get the smell out.

Yeah they had olives, I washed with clorox a couple times then white vinegar

Alright I will give that a try. So far I have used bleach and dish soap. Still smells like jalapenos.

Kevin

I just got some of the st series and alls I can say is they are very high quality I can bring one over for you to check it out if that helps you at all

I just got some of the st series and alls I can say is they are very high quality I can bring one over for you to check it out if that helps you at all

LOL. Thanks, we can compare it to the industrial grade one I just bought. :lmao:

Items on their way from BRS.......

1ea 1 1/2” Cepex Ball Valve
3ea 1” Bulkhead ABS Slip x Slip
1ea 1 1/2" Red Schedule 40 Pipe
2ea 1 1/2" Blue Schedule 40 Pipe
3ea 1" Black Schedule 40 Pipe

valve and bulkheads should be here Weds. pipe should be here Thurs.

Yep, I am going to have to get my counter top and sump set up soon , so that means getting all the plumbing parts, etc. - what are you using the ball valve for- I am planning on getting a gate valve for my siphon drain. Then 2 ball valves for both sides of the return pump ( external Iwaki or reeflo barracuda) so I can service/maintain the pump by just closing both ball valves and get minimum water spillage when I disconnect the pump.

I'm using the ball for my siphon. my sump will be under the stand so I won't need the fine tuning of a gate.

Back