Who is the local person here that cultures algae?

This has become a funny topic among a group of people. Some don't want to give up anything.....Almost to the point that some people are being selfish opposed to furthering the hobby.

This has become a funny topic among a group of people. Some don't want to give up anything.....Almost to the point that some people are being selfish opposed to furthering the hobby.

The post from this person in the past was he was giving some for free

If you are talking cheato, I have more than I will ever need and am happy to give for free for anyone willing to pick it up.

I used to culture it in my classroom, but we don't have any cultures going yet this year. I think SaltWater Junkies is culturing some phyto.

i used to culture it and its really not that hard. more frustrating due to crashes than anything else. make sure you always have atleast wo cultures going. you can order a starter culture online for about $20 and grow your own (F2 food about $12). there are plenty of videos on youtube. get it from a reputed source though, if culturing is what you choose to do, and not most of the local shops. that way you can ensure that a clean nannochloropsis culture is what you are actually getting. good luck

but if you do find some, id too like to get some and start culturing again...

Last edited:
The post from this person in the past was he was giving some for free

I don't recall ever giving any away, especially in the last year. After my search I didn't see anything under a search for nanno, nannochloropsis or phyto with my username. I assume you are confusing me for someone else. A few of the people I know that still do are being reclusive about selling any so you can't start your own batch.

When I said the post was from "this person" I guess you assumed it was you & that's not what I meant. BTW I purchased some online & it will be here tomorrow.

Saltwater Junkies

Saltwater Junkies

SJ cultures their own at a reasonable price. They have several kinds as well as baby and adult brine. It's like a soda fountain for saltwater, lol. You can fill a bottle with a combo of different kinds. 101 and Olive.

Back