Who Wants To Go?

MUCHO REEF

2003 TOTM Recipient
Premium Member
We chat with each other here in the Zoo forum everyday, week after week, month after month and year after year. Unless we are lucky enough to live near each other or have the opportunity to make it to one of the conferences, chances are we will never meet. So what if.......what if all the Zoo lovers planned to get away. I can assure you this is not expensive at all. Click on the link first then come back.

http://www.georgiaaquarium.org/

This place is amazing. With minimal planning, we could all meet there this summer. We could look into group rates, maybe some could charter flights from one area. This would save a lot of money. Chartering buses will be even more economical. I have driven there from Michigan in 11 1/2 hours. Group hotel rates would be very affordable for all. I'm going this summer, but it would be great if we all went and just hung out and got to know each other. I would love to place a face with a name for a change. Hey, it was only an idea.

So what do you think? Is this something anyone would like to do?

Mucho

Last edited:
Hey Mucho-

I woulds love to go but not sure if I can make it this spring summer- I have a few medical issue that may need to be resolved before I can think about going any where for a while. But if they clear me to go I'm here!!!

~Dee~

Why Georgia Aquarium? It'll take me ages to get there. If it's going to be that far, might as well make it Hawaii or Florida so we can also go hunting for Zoas in the beach!

I'd go, but then I am only like 3.5 hours away and have friends who I can stay with.

If there were enough of us I am sure we could get some kinda group rate.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6724505#post6724505 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gussy
Why Georgia Aquarium? It'll take me ages to get there. If it's going to be that far, might as well make it Hawaii or Florida so we can also go hunting for Zoas in the beach!

I second Florida, we can stay at my house in the Keys and go snorkling for blue zoas every day! And Key West has an aquarium too ...LOL

Seems to me that there is "something" happening at the Atl. Aquarium sometime around Mar or Apr. but I can't find the link to it now. Any of you Atl peeps wanta give the rest of us a heads up or what?

Speckled Grouper had me at "snorkling for blue zoas"!

:D

sounds interesting no matter which destination! :)

That's a good idea Sally because then we could go to that big conference, which is hosted by the Georgia Aquarium, and meet zooanthid-loving people at some designated time and place.

Back