Who's the Apex master?

TampaReefer79

Premium Member
Anyone willing to stop over and help me setup my Neptune Apex w/ temp and PH probe, and lunar simulator that has Apex experience? Free food and beerz to anyone that does!

I'm in EBF Egypt, aka middle of nowhere, aka Port Richey. :fish1:

Which functionality are you trying to set up? Just the basic setup? Network connectivity to web interface? Programming for controlling chiller/heater, calcium reactor, lighting?

heh, if I was still living over there I'd be more than happy to help.

In all honesty, the probes are pretty much plug and play (if this is a new Apex package with the probes). The lunar simulator is pretty easy also.

The best manual, imo, for anyone new to the Neptune systems is located here on RC. It's the "Unofficial New User Guide", but pretty much covers everything.
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1834783

Which functionality are you trying to set up? Just the basic setup? Network connectivity to web interface? Programming for controlling chiller/heater, calcium reactor, lighting?

Nothing with a cell phone or anything, at the moment I'm just trying to get it on my home wireless network. I've purchased a Netgear device that connects to the Apex via ethernet cable to allow it to get on my network, but I am unsure how to do this. I've gotten as far as my home wireless networks router homepage to add the device (my provider gave me the IP to use) and when adding it (if I'm in the right spot and doing it right) asks me for the devices MAC address. I have no clue what the MAC address would be for the Apex. :confused::confused::confused:

Which Netgear Device did you get?
What type of router do you have?
Is your router giving out Network addresses automatically? In most cases yes it you left everything the way it was right out of the box (besides setting a password).

What you most likely need to do is plug your wireless adapter into a laptop or a desktop with the CAT5 cable. Once this is done, your PC should find the adapter and bring you to a setup page. Click on Scan for Networks. Once it finds your home network click Connect, and it should set to default and automatically connect every time.

Now, unplug it from the laptop/pc, and connect it to your Apex with just the cable between the two. Turn them on, and give them a minute. Then on the Apex go to the menu, system, Net Setup and scroll to Restart. This will reboot the Apex. Once it's rebooted and the screen is alive again, go back to Net Setup, and then scroll to IP Address and click it, you should now have an IP address there something along the lines of 192.168.1.xxx

Now go to your router interface, and find DCHP clients. You should see the wireless adapter there.

Once we get past this, we can setup port forwarding so you can access it from the web and your smartphone.

Keep your head up, this is a great controller!

Back