Why won't my clarkii's fall madly in love?

Versus

Is there any toys I can buy them or something too make them happier ? I have owned them for 3 years about and plan on getting rid of them .

The fat girl hides in her anaonanaome and does not bother my purple tang , although she has killed numerous tank mates . She was all OM NOM NOM NOM .

And even though the male clarkii does his cute lil wiggles , her diet has consisted of his fins for the last several years.

Could something else be causing this? ( I had gotten them as babies ) one is large , guessing female and the other is still tiny so guessing male .

She has killed the following .

Lawn Mower Blenny , Captian Scooter

2 x Citron Goby's , Deck Hand Pumpernickle and First Mate SkittleButt

False Perc , Powder Monkey Omen ( pssst thats nemo backwards )

Panda Goby , Cabin Boy Cupcake

Fire Fish Pair , Gunner Barney , Sea Artist BLAAARGGGH!

And my fairy wrasse, Pilot Slimer

My ship is sinking fast I have tried everything from Bubble Treasure chests too ceramic skulls to keep her happy .

Only The purple tang ( Surgeon , hehe imagine that .. cause its a ... yeah )

She is the quarter master and the male is the carpenter . I opted not to give her a name besides "OMG WHY DID YOU DO THAT , WHY YOU DO THAT?" since thats what I am saying to her most.

Help make them fall in love , I am close to putting in spanish fly or whatever its called . She has hardly any tank mates and is still horrible but like I said the tang for some reason use to hide from her but now swims directly above the ananaomenemome watching over her .

Have not tried Moon lights , Tried Mood lighting by diming the lighting around the coffee table . And also tried candles but my dog kept barking at the candles so I had to put them out .

I have tried barry white but if its not pirate music about wenches and grog they wave their hooks at me when I walk by the tank.

You think moon lights might help? My 7095 controller coming has one ( its on order ) My T5's are so tightly spaced I do not have room for moonlighting in the canopy . I just want too find out if I will be able too keep her or not when I switch too my cube setup.

personally, I've never had to use moonlights or music to set the mood. Clarkii aren't usually difficult to get revved up. Cue up the music, set the moonlights and initiate saturation feedings with HUFA enriched mysid shrimp. If all else fails maybe the old girl needs some professional help :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12215264#post12215264 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Gary Majchrzak
personally, I've never had to use moonlights or music to set the mood. Clarkii aren't usually difficult to get revved up. Cue up the music, set the moonlights and initiate saturation feedings with HUFA enriched mysid shrimp. If all else fails maybe the old girl needs some professional help :D

moray-eelcopy.jpg

??? Phil Eel?

My clarkii pair must think that they are still in the '70s. Nothing seems to bother their spawnings. A full tank move didn't throw them off schedule. Can even do a water change during the middle of their "act" And the pigs will even take a break to eat if I feed the tank during the middle of it.

I have a pair of clarkii's that I also bought as babies. The female and male are "friends" but not lovers.... yet. Thats crazy that she is killing everyone off. My clarkiis swim around with my 6 line wrasse and diamond goby. She even lets my cleaner shrimp and one of my peppermint shrimp hang out around her anemone. I also hand feed her and the shrimp at the same time. Hopefully when she gets bigger her killer instincts wont go crazy (she is about 1 1/2 inches long right now).
I have seen her and the male swimming together but they wont host together. He stays on the right side of the tank and she stays on the left for the most part.
BTW its funny that you mentioned that Nemo backwards is Omen.... I was just thinking about that the other night. Not that I have ever even seen finding nemo.. but still.

Oh I havent seen it either , but I have seen Happy Feet , Which of course has nothing to do with finding nemo . But I am sure the experience is the same. Horrifying .

They do "Sometimes" swim together but its so rare . Only when eating do they really get close. Yet the lil guy still tries with his wiggles to win her cold black ( and orange stripped ) heart over.

Mine are almost never apart. They sleep right next to each other each night.

Here they are getting ready for bed. ;)

tan.jpg

Swimming around the tank together ( with the other fish too )

all4.jpg

And an old picture of the male checking up on the eggs.

eggs.jpg

Did yours take a long time to pair up? Possibly it has something to do with anemone size? I have a BTA that is kind of small that she hosts in. I notice that your carpet is huge. Maybe its a space issue?

Wow, it was a long time ago. They have been spawning for 7+ years now. When I first got them I got 3 ( didn't know any better at the time ) about a month later I was down to 2. Guessing it took about a year of just the two of them before the spawning started.

I don't know if anemone size has played into it or not. Over the years they have been in smaller anemones. Be it a giant Sebea ( lost it to a power outage ) a small condy ( that actually hosted them until they loved it to death. A bunch of R/GBTAs. And for a year they had their choice of several BTAs and the Haddoni. During that year the female slept in the Haddoni, and the male in one of the BTAs.

Now it is just the Haddoni ( the tan one, they haven't found the green one yet ) But through all of that they were always spawning every 3-4 weeks. Think I may have a goofball pair.

Must be mine was big to start but now only about 5 inches across ( purchased was around 10 and have had it for a year )

if you want them josef come get them heh

Re: Why won't my clarkii's fall madly in love?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12215038#post12215038 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Versus
Is there any toys I can buy them or something too make them happier ? I have owned them for 3 years about and plan on getting rid of them .

The fat girl hides in her anaonanaome and does not bother my purple tang , although she has killed numerous tank mates . She was all OM NOM NOM NOM .

And even though the male clarkii does his cute lil wiggles , her diet has consisted of his fins for the last several years.

Could something else be causing this? ( I had gotten them as babies ) one is large , guessing female and the other is still tiny so guessing male .

She has killed the following .

Lawn Mower Blenny , Captian Scooter

2 x Citron Goby's , Deck Hand Pumpernickle and First Mate SkittleButt

False Perc , Powder Monkey Omen ( pssst thats nemo backwards )

Panda Goby , Cabin Boy Cupcake

Fire Fish Pair , Gunner Barney , Sea Artist BLAAARGGGH!

And my fairy wrasse, Pilot Slimer

My ship is sinking fast I have tried everything from Bubble Treasure chests too ceramic skulls to keep her happy .

Only The purple tang ( Surgeon , hehe imagine that .. cause its a ... yeah )

She is the quarter master and the male is the carpenter . I opted not to give her a name besides "OMG WHY DID YOU DO THAT , WHY YOU DO THAT?" since thats what I am saying to her most.

Help make them fall in love , I am close to putting in spanish fly or whatever its called . She has hardly any tank mates and is still horrible but like I said the tang for some reason use to hide from her but now swims directly above the ananaomenemome watching over her .

funny, what are you on? can I have some?

Hydrocodine 650mg tabs , Sam Adams .

I have been going through a fair amount of root canals heh.

I got 2 small pearly eye clarkiis (Coco and Channel) and they lived together and slept together and danced all the time. One day I got a sebae Nem(Bob). In just three days they moved into Bob and all was wonderfull.

Three days later I noticed Coco the lil male had been evicted from Bob and was now livin at the top of the tank in the corner behind the ruturn. My guess was a he stayed out all night chasing wrasse, but I wasnt there.

I was forced to have a talk with him , I explained that he was gonna have to dance like the wind, that he would have do male up. I told him to win her back!!

A few days later Channel ate his fin off and I had to split them up for good.

Best of luck with your Clarkii :mixed:

I resolved the issue , Nothing a little blacken seasoning couldnt fix.

Some how I think I will need to make a fair amount of side dishes though.

Back