Will this work?

shouldnt I be able to grow pretty much anything considering its 9 3watt cree leds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Issue with that light IMO isn't the power but the lack of spectrum.

What,s wrong with the spectrum of the OP's fixture? It has 9 leds, 3 blue, 3 royal blue and 3 white and they are all Cree leds. What more do you want? Plese don't tell me you want red and greens in a 9 led fixture. I have a 100 led fixture and I turn the red and green leds off. The white leds provide more than enough red and green spectrum.

Also wouldnt adding more leds to have more of a full spectrum just cause more of a chance for nuisance algae due to the increase in red?

My main concern with the light is the heat. It says it has a fan so I'm hoping it'll work fine considering it's a bargain brand kinda light. Atleast I think it is.....Has anyone ever heard of the brand? The light is gonna go under my makeshift hood I made for the 2.5 so there wont be too much room for airflow under the hood.

What,s wrong with the spectrum of the OP's fixture? It has 9 leds, 3 blue, 3 royal blue and 3 white and they are all Cree leds. What more do you want? Plese don't tell me you want red and greens in a 9 led fixture. I have a 100 led fixture and I turn the red and green leds off. The white leds provide more than enough red and green spectrum.

Too each there own I guess :) , i find I like the colors better with the added red and green diodes. They make up a tiny part of the total light output but add something visually.

Too each there own I guess :) , i find I like the colors better with the added red and green diodes. They make up a tiny part of the total light output but add something visually.

In a 9 led light one red and one green would cause disco effect galore! But that's just my opinion. Lot's of people like using the red and green leds. I don't. :beer:

Back