• She loves it.

Votes: 47 22.5%
  • She doesnt care either way.

Votes: 63 30.1%
  • I do what I want either way.

Votes: 32 15.3%
  • What wife?

Votes: 18 8.6%
  • I cant vote right now I hear her coming!!

Votes: 26 12.4%

• Total voters
My wife doesn't care either way. She see's it as another expensive hobby but it keeps me out of the bars and off my dirtbikes so she's fine with it. Sometimes it's hard to justify my future tank upgrades to her and why the skimmer has to cost $700....

About 6 months after we were married, my wife went with me to the lfs to look at a new tank that I was hoping to buy. A couple of the young guys working there were helping me consider equipment options, as I had already picked out a pretty decent tank. She looks at them and says, "Why not go with something larger, can you show us a bigger reef-ready tank?". Both of them gave me this look like, "You are one lucky guy!"

my tank is my fiance's lol. I set it up for 2 clowns then overtook it. Now im setting up a 300gal system. She knows its completely insane but also know how much enjoyment i get from it. she just wants to pick out some fish for the big tank as 2 angels and 4 wrasse ago i told her the tank was "full" and she couldnt get anymore fish lol.

My wife hates the cost and the time I spend on my tanks. I'm frequently reminded that I have 5 kids I should be taking care of. :rolleye1:

My argument is that this addiction is less costly than my previous ones (Porsche & golfing).

I voted Loves It, but she's really somewhere between loves it and indifferent. As long as I talk to her about the costs, spend responsibly and do all that other good marriage/communication stuff she's happy. She likes watching it, but not as much as I do.

I am the wife and the reefer........so........ I answered truthfully..... I do what I want anyway! Why should reefing be any different?

Usually have to start an arguement and guilting her into letting me make a big purchase. Like we just spent $500 dollars for our daughters bday and i can't spend a lousy $300 on a doser pump. Got my doser it is in the mail should be hear friday. A little munipulation goes a long way :eek1:

On a 6 bulb t5 fixture I switched locations of a white and blue bulb, moving the white one towards the front when she was at work. She noticed and commented that night that the tank looked brighter today. I was impressed. And as long as I use my allotted spending money only everything is fine. So sometimes I give myself an advance from our account. Doesn't go over well.

My wife is somewhere between loves it and doesn't care either way. She would love the tanks more if she didn't have to take care of them but I work in Alaska and am gone for half the year so she has to take over the maintenance. She does a great job while I am gone so she must be more towards the loves it side even though she won't admit it.

speaking from the wife side (its mostly my husbands hobby, i just kind of tag along) i love the tank, love the display it makes, love the personable fish, hate the electric bill & hate the damage to the wood floors. i also hate that every item in my kitchen inevitably ends up being used for some odd diy project for the fish tank.

There are times when she loves it and times when she hates it. She loves when she gets to pick out a coral, she hates it when I tell her it's a pest anemone. :lmao:

I don't think she minds because she spends just as much time on her tank (which is bigger than mine... :worried:) as I do on mine.

Back