• She loves it.

Votes: 47 22.5%
  • She doesnt care either way.

Votes: 63 30.1%
  • I do what I want either way.

Votes: 32 15.3%
  • What wife?

Votes: 18 8.6%
  • I cant vote right now I hear her coming!!

Votes: 26 12.4%

• Total voters
Wife here, and the tank is mine. ;)

Yeah I meant to make that clearer. Its the same whether you're male or female.....
The reason I started the poll is, I'm dating this beautiful woman. She saw a quote for the tank Im purchasing, and she asked "why would you ever spend that much on fish?!". It was just the way she said it, I just know she wanted to add dumba&$ to the end......... I dont think we're gonna work out.... :p

What about us ladies who are reef obsessed? I'm looking for a guy who accepts and loves my tank obsession!? Come on down single reef men! Hehe

More than once, I've read comments on here about unsupportive signifigant others, and it makes me sad that they won't take interest in such a great hobby!

My wife is the cheapest person anyone will ever meet so she hates the tank because it cost money. She gets upset when I do maintenance on the tank because she think I should be doing something more constructive with my time. Even though she tells me how much of a waste the tank is I catcher steering at it when she thinks I am not watching. She says she is making sure I have not bought anything new.

It is I good thing she believes a custom tank, stand, mp40,controller, and led fixtures only cost me 600 dollars.

My other hobbies are mushroom hunting (tis the season!!!) and I have 2 vintage Alfa Romeo's, AKA Italian money pits with untouchable class and beauty.

A friend restores and flies WWII fighters, he has 2- YES 2, P51 Mustangs. Now you wanna talk about a hobby your wife must support!

It's all about what you can afford to play with -vs- what you SHOULD afford to play with. We all can, but should we?

Then again, I own a couple funeral homes and an ambulance service, and I've never seen anyone take it with them. At least not yet.

i'm just getting started setting up a 58rr in are apartment and i'm trying to get my g/f into and she just looks at me like i'm crazy. i guess if i can pay bills and still afford food and dinner out once a week she could care less! lol

but once water goes in i think she will change her mind considering she is gonna be a teacher i see myself setting up a tank in the classroom soon enough lol and she will have to learn if she wants that

About two months ago my wife and I met up at the LFS, I was there to pick up testing supplies and I had other errands to run, so I had her stay behind and pay. The following day I came home from work and she told me that our new DSLR had been dropped on the floor and was broken.
She told me the camera was in our walk-in closet, so after a whole lot of ***'s and how in the hell did it happen, I went in to the closet and was surprised to find a Reef Octopus 150.

The week before I had to clean up a spill from my crappy Coralife skimmer and she actually listened.

everytime I get the camera out to take a picture of the tank, my wife asks me if I am listing it for sale on craigslist.
if you have a supportive wife, consider yourself lucky.

My wife loves it... she has her own tank now, though, so I don't have to tactfully refuse to stock stuff in mine that she likes.

Back