Yeah Upgrade!

1blackchicken

So I have decided that the pico is not really for me and after a little reorganization of the living room the 40 gallon breeder is going in. WOOHOO!

Pre water

2ylmst5.jpg

Last edited:
Good to see you are back on the horse! I agree on that rockwork. That left side looks like some prime territory for tabling action! keep us updated please

Here is a new pic with water and some new rock work. What do you think? I think I like it this way better.

1tl9xc.jpg

Also started a new job as one of the plumbers at the Monterey bay aquarium. Talk about eye candy!!! The new reef tank exhibit is going to be amazing!

Rockwork looks great- yet again.. although its a bit hard to get a feel for the depth with the cloudy water or whatever that haze is. I like how the new scape has the two pillars. From that front angle it makes the tank look bigger than the first scape. Take this as you like, but I would consider minimizing how much rock you have in there (even if its just a few lbs). Play around with selecting only the rocks that you really want in there. I'm guessing you are going to do SPS? BB? I imagine you will get plenty of coral growth under that fixture to fill in the scape. Either way it will look great I trust... Anyways, I wanted to put that out there.

That's awesome you landed that job! I can't wait to see the new MBA tank stocked w/ corals. There are some beautiful tangs that will be going in there too. There is this one Mimic Hybrid that has some very unique colors. I will try to take some pics this weekend...Some choice colonies waiting too. The PAR is certainly adequate in there!

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice. I will probably still play around with it a little but once the water clears up and I can see it more clearly. And yes it will be bb with mostly sps. Yeah the aquarium has some amazing stuff and I cant wait to see it all finished. Looking at all the coral in the holding tank definitely makes you drool.

When I wrote "even if its just a few pounds" I meant to type "even if it is just by a few pounds".... meaning: remove a few pounds- not leave only a few.. Just wanted to clarify that.

Back