Your favorite SPS???

Mark75

I am stocking my 50g. cube and I am finding out I have very limited space.

It is difficult to decide on what sps to purchase based on retailers pictures.

So what are some sps "must haves"?

:D

My must have, which I FINALLY got just yesterday, is a Strawberry Shortcake. Colors are just amazing and my personal favorite.
Blue Voodoo is another must have. Usually quite hardy, from my experiences.
Green Slimer is an absolute must have. The vibrant green with thick branches makes it such an attractive piece. Its a classic, really.

tyree Purple monster because of its Christmas tree like growth pattern and color. Overall just the history of PM makes it special.

PM also one of my favorites. Here are a few small purple Christmas trees that are NFS
IMG_20151113_164310925_zpskxiqzv34.jpg

I too have limited space in my 65 gallon and had a tough time choosing.

I have:

Red Planet
Garf Bonsai
Solid Green Hulk (that has turned bright yellow)
Miagi Tort
Reef Raft Orange passion
Blue Jedi (its just like a blue matrix but with green eyes)
Mystic Sunset Monti

I chose these for a diversity of colors and coralite/polyp sizes and growth pattern.

I plan to still get a Strawberry Shortcake and an Oregon tort.

Yeah i have very interesting. first time they found them in awhile. Theres already some venders selling wild collected PM.

In my personal collection right now, my pink lemonade.

23144578832_b639151da1_b.jpg

I can't go by pieces I haven't/don't currently own. :) There are nicer acro's for sure, but this is a staple that should be in your tank.

My favorite piece right now is my Strawberry Shortcake since I have a large colony. Cali Tort is a close second. Most mentioned here are really nice vibrant corals that you won't be dissapointed with.

One that I have that will be really killer one day is the RR Pink Floyd... its taking forever to grow for me.

From my colony. And NFS doesn't mean now for sale:lolspin:

IMG_20151018_151408220_zps2zzahhht.jpg

Hey reeflover62 how long have you had yours and about what size did it start at?

I've had mine about 6 months and its actually grown quite a bit in that time... many make it seem like its a really slow grower but that hasn't been the case for me.

My favorite piece right now is my Strawberry Shortcake since I have a large colony. Cali Tort is a close second. Most mentioned here are really nice vibrant corals that you won't be dissapointed with.

One that I have that will be really killer one day is the RR Pink Floyd... its taking forever to grow for me.

Hey reeflover62 how long have you had yours and about what size did it start at?

I've had mine about 6 months and its actually grown quite a bit in that time... many make it seem like its a really slow grower but that hasn't been the case for me.

I got a free frag from a friend in 2008 and it was very tiny. I have a picture on a disc somewhere for my old computer. I am in no way a master at keeping these silly sps thingies. And sure someone with skills and those fancy blue lights can maybe make it grow faster.

Back