Your Long Term Review Jebao DC Controllable Return Pump ?

I have a Jebao nano pump controller and I'm real happy with it so far, after 6 months.
We're setting up a 125g mixed reef of corals and community fish, so I'm looking at the Jebao 9000, 12000 or their brand new pump.

I'll build a manifold to T-off to run other equipment.

So, I'm wanting your long term,.... reviews, thoughts and recommendation's of their larger return pumps and
if you have tested the brand new one below.

Thank you,
Kevin

THEIR NEW DC "T" pump on Fish Street's website-

http://www.fish-street.com/images/pr...dctcompare.jpg

13/1/2015 Memory Function add on all DCT Series
1/1/2015 Release New Type of Jebao DCT4000/ DCT15000 Pump

17/12/2014 All DC Pump will free upgrade to DCT Series

23/4 US Warehouse stock for DC12000. US Customer can order here to save shipping

3 Way Water Divider

and in EU country, we also in stock on it. Please order in our UK warehouse if you are in EU country

03/11 Provides AU/EU/UK/US Plug, English Maual, only in FishStreetStore for Authorzied Distributor

The New Jebao DCT Return Pump is avaiable for Fish Street Store Now!

EU / UK / US / AU Plug avaiable FULL in stock now

From 110V to 240V Voltage, WorldWide Available!

What Difference for the Jebao DC Pump and DCT Pump ?

DC Pump is produce on 2013. DCT Pump is produce on 2015.

For the DCT Pump have a new technology move all electricity parts to controller. Make the DCT Pump more stable. High Power with the Pump not affection electricity issue. New ECO Technology using environment materials for build. Provides more safety and reduce the leak issue!

New Controller Arrived in our website (Difficult in Youtube Video)

DC3000 Controller from 900Litres to 3000Litres

DCT6000 Controller from 4000Litres to 6000Litres

DCT8000 Controller from 6000 Litres to 8000Litres

DCT12000 Controller from 8000Litres to 12000Litres

DCT15000 Controller from 9000Litres to 15000Litres

I have a Jebao nano pump controller and I'm real happy with it so far, after 6 months.
We're setting up a 125g mixed reef of corals and community fish, so I'm looking at the Jebao 9000, 12000 or their brand new pump.

I'll build a manifold to T-off to run other equipment.

So, I'm wanting your long term,.... reviews, thoughts and recommendation's of their larger return pumps and
if you have tested the brand new one below.

Thank you,
Kevin

THEIR NEW DC "T" pump on Fish Street's website-

http://www.fish-street.com/images/pr...dctcompare.jpg

13/1/2015 Memory Function add on all DCT Series
1/1/2015 Release New Type of Jebao DCT4000/ DCT15000 Pump

17/12/2014 All DC Pump will free upgrade to DCT Series

23/4 US Warehouse stock for DC12000. US Customer can order here to save shipping

3 Way Water Divider

and in EU country, we also in stock on it. Please order in our UK warehouse if you are in EU country

03/11 Provides AU/EU/UK/US Plug, English Maual, only in FishStreetStore for Authorzied Distributor

The New Jebao DCT Return Pump is avaiable for Fish Street Store Now!

EU / UK / US / AU Plug avaiable FULL in stock now

From 110V to 240V Voltage, WorldWide Available!

What Difference for the Jebao DC Pump and DCT Pump ?

DC Pump is produce on 2013. DCT Pump is produce on 2015.

For the DCT Pump have a new technology move all electricity parts to controller. Make the DCT Pump more stable. High Power with the Pump not affection electricity issue. New ECO Technology using environment materials for build. Provides more safety and reduce the leak issue!

New Controller Arrived in our website (Difficult in Youtube Video)

DC3000 Controller from 900Litres to 3000Litres

DCT6000 Controller from 4000Litres to 6000Litres

DCT8000 Controller from 6000 Litres to 8000Litres

DCT12000 Controller from 8000Litres to 12000Litres

DCT15000 Controller from 9000Litres to 15000Litres

It's a good pump for what its worth $. I love that you can adjust the speed and it's ramping up when turned on , but I have a con about it . The NOISE , it's a very noisy pump. Its even louder then my Vortech.

Really, that loud huh. Hum,......:rolleye1:

Is it from vibration, and if so, can't be helped by placing a rubber pad under it ?

I have 3 dc1200 2 dct1200 and 2 dc6000 pumps, I have been systematically been replacing my mag pumps and getting less power consumption replacement pumps. I started with just the 2 and after 4 months I replaced the others, still have 2 more to replace. Less noise then mags and they are light as heck! but after 6 months I have no problems, I can tell you they are a decent cheap pump thats reliable.

Does anybody run theirs with 12' of head loss, like from a basement sump? Have you noticed a decrease in flow over time?

Ive had mine running for a year no issues here, and dead silent. I hate to admit but i have never even cleaned it. My sump is super clean though

From what I've heard, although these can be run on the outside, they do not last long.

Is the rust on the magnet and/or inside the motor ?

How well are the pump shaft and propeller's ?

I can't decide whether to make a manifold and power a few other items or run this alone ?

If I use it to also run other products, what gph/model should be used, but if I only use it for the return, what gph/model ?

I have a DC12000 that I have been running externally as my main return pump for 1 year with no problems. I have a DC6000 that I have been running for about 9 months externally for my skimmer again with no problems. I am thinking about ordering 2 more just as backups.

My only complaint is head loss. My DC12000 put less flow into my tank than my old Coralvue 1740, but the difference in noise and my electric bill keeps me from even thinking about going back.

Externally,....I thought they could not be used this way, but I sure would like to run mine outside the sump !

What size tank's do you have ?

Do you have other products also running on the pumps or use only as returns ?

Last edited:
I think of long term as at least 3-5 years, not months.

Yeah, exactly :lol: My first thought was that none of these pumps have been out long enough to be able to draw any long-term conclusions one way or the other. My second thought was how transient many people's time must be in this hobby.

I bought my first DC-6000 about 14 months ago. It died within two or three weeks. Seller sent me a replacement pump body, which has now been running 13 months non-stop. Like you, I'm curious to see how well these pumps last over several years or more instead of 6-12 months. Same with the Jebao powerheads - lots of folks swear by them but they've been out less than two years so nobody knows how they are going to hold up long term yet.

I always take it with a grain of salt when someone says "these things are going to last forever - mine's been running four months already without a problem"

Externally,....I thought they could not be used this way, but I sure would like to run mine outside the sump !

What size tank's do you have ?

Do you have other products also running on the pumps or use only as returns ?

I have it going thru a chiller and then back into my tank. The tank is a 210 gallon.

Nothing lasts forever, (like the love of my hair) especially in this saltwater,.... environment hobby ! lol

I don't think anyone would expect 'forever' but is a decade unreasonable. I've said it before, but my original Iwaki pump ran continuously for me for 18 years. Not having to replace a pump every 5 years covers a lot of lost energy savings.

Back