Zebra Mantis Shrimp star in Blue Planet 2

Gonodactylus

Premium Member
I have always thought that Lysiosquillina maculata would make a good subject for a natural history film. When the BBC contracted me four years ago asking for ideas on possible stories that they might film for their Blue Planet 2 series I immediately suggested Lysiosquillina. They liked the story and for the past three years I have worked with them filming sequences for Blue Planet 2, Episode 5: Deep Green. The story was shot on Lizard Island at Mangrove Beach where I have studied Lysiosquillina since 1986. As luck would have it, the camera man hired to shoot the story was Dr. Alex Vail who grew up on Lizard Iland and who I have known since he was a small child.

Episode 5, Deep Green, has already aired in the UK and will be available this spring in the US.

Roy

This is incredibly exciting! I have already been on the edge of my seat waiting for the series to release in the US without knowing that you personally had been involved in a stomatopod specific segment!

How can I watch this in the U.S. without cable? I have searched everywhere. I just want a way to pay to watch it but there doesn't seem to be anything.

How can I watch this in the U.S. without cable? I have searched everywhere. I just want a way to pay to watch it but there doesn't seem to be anything.

Apple has it on iTunes. That's how I saw it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back