Zoanthid problem

maydodo

I bought a Zoanthid from LFS and I think I get something eating my Zoanthid what should I do to get rid of it. It's very small and a lot and I didn't quarantine it, I directly add it to my 29g tank.

Last edited:
does it look like a small sea slug? only a couple of cm's long if that? If that kinda describes them, then you got the bad nudibranchs. It is hard to get rid of them. You have to manually take out as many as you see. Fresh water dip your zoanthid colonies and scrap any white looking eggs off of them.

You will have to do this many times to get as many as you can. I had them in my 90 gallon once. I finally erradicated them with a SeaGrass Wrasse. This fish will sometimes eat them. They will not all do it, but the one I got did. He/she eat them all in a couple of weeks and I keep him/her for two years. It is a kinda bigger fish that can get about 8-10 inches long, so in a 29 gallon you would have to find a smaller one if possible. Then it wouldn't be a sure thing that they would eat them.

Well all that and it may not be what you got. Is there a way to get a picture of one of the things you are seeing?

Thanks for info, I read and dipped it in fresh water and it came out. If I don't have Zoanthid anymore in my tank what will happen. Are they gonna die?

After looking at the picture on the internet that you sent me it did look like nudibranchs. I didn't take a picture. Now my Zoa are recovered but I read that I have to do it many times. Thanks so much.

Back