1 1/2 inch Purple Tang

Bruno3047

Recently picked up this tiny Purple Tang at Petco. Had him now about two weeks in a 29G quarantine. Got him eating Formula 2 frozen and pellets, Hikari S pellets, Hikari mysis, and baby brine shrimp, for which he goes nuts.
IMG_0400.jpeg
IMG_0397.jpeg
IMG_0395.jpeg
IMG_0394.jpeg
IMG_0392.jpeg
IMG_0387.jpeg
IMG_0384.jpeg
IMG_0383.jpeg
IMG_0377.jpeg
IMG_0376.jpeg

Those are soo pretty. I’ve been debating on what kind of tang(s) I’ll be adding to my tank. This one is definitely on the list

Nice, he looks really healthy for a Petco fish. I have two Petcos near me. One is hit or miss at best. The other is awesome.

Nice, he looks really healthy for a Petco fish. I have two Petcos near me. One is hit or miss at best. The other is awesome.
Lucky for you (and the fish). My Petco probably kills more fish than they sell.

Lucky for you (and the fish). My Petco probably kills more fish than they sell.
Yeah, but the closest real LFS is 35-45 minutes away and this is in metropolitan St. Louis, MO.

I used to have 4-5 within 20 minutes.

We even had a store that was reportedly either partners with Walt Smith or had some inside connection to him. They got the most incredible full size Acro colonies back in the 90’s and early 2000’s
Those were the days…now, if someone gets a nice colony, they immediately frag it to oblivion in hopes of making more money 😔

That’s a cutie! If you don’t mind me asking, what’s the cost of a 1.5” purple tang?
Hi. I paid $118 during Petco‘s end of year half-price sale. I bought it at Petco online The going price for this fish is about $220-$250. More if you buy a captive-bred specimen. If you’re on the hunt for this fish, check Petco online regularly. They run massive sales from time to time. And if the fish is not in stock during the sale, if you speak to customer service, they’ll give you that price when it comes back in stock. They’re nice people over there.

Last edited:
Back