125 gal set up costs

Im also setting up a 125, but slowly =/
I have found it easier to not keep track of what I have spent :D

You will save a ton of money if you buy used.This is ONE HELL OF AN EXPENSIVE HOBBY.Don't forget to think about losses.Yes there is always something that might die fish coral clams.Due to stupidity misfortune or a mistake.Some fish or corals die for reasons unknown.The corals are what will cost you a smalll fortune.If you can buy frags.Small and cheap.They will grow and you will enjoy watching them grow.If you can find someone who has given up on the hobby its one way to get stuff cheap.I find its addictive and the spending never ends.Bigger and better is always nice.I have a 150 and now I am thinking of a 300gal.

Great plumbers think alike :beer:

If you watch ebay and the seller's forums for a setup, it'll probably be less than half price, including renting a trailer. Even if some components are less than optimal, or crap out, you'll still be ahead. (Really still behind, but that's the nature of the hobby!) And if you want to make some modifications, which you surely will, there will still be money left if you use your original, new setup budget.

Good luck!
>jamie

Back