150 Watt Current Sunpod

jtumbleweed

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I didn't see anywhere else to put it. I am selling my 150 watt Sunpod fixture on craigslist in Chico and I thought I would put something up here just to get the word out. Recently someone has contacted me about the light but I haven't gotten a response from them in the last two days so it should still be available. check out http://chico.craigslist.org/for/559202488.html for more info and pictures. I will probably be going to the next RC meeting and meeting everyone, so until then. Thanks -

Scott

Welcome Scott! I see you've also posted on www.chicoreefclub.com under lowtide. We look forward to new members at the meetings and all are welcome here. Further, I hope to see you here as a contributive member to the forum and hopefully not just trying to use this site to sell your wares. I have seen posts on other RC forums removed because the member posting for sale items did not have a membership for 6 months with minimum of 50 posts to keep the forum from turning into a replica of CL.

Nonetheless,

Welcome!

-Chris

im not huge on message boards but i do check them out from time to time. i dont really have a lot of wares to sell, and i think i have the light sold hopefully.

Scott,

No worries. I wasn't initially either big on forums. I became aware and begain reading in 2003, signed up in 2004, and had like a 0.03 posts/day ratio until last year sometime.

No worries and glad you were able to sell. Spoke yesterday with Kenny who said he knows you. Glad to hear you might attend the next club meeting.

Yep, I'll probably be seeing everyone at the next one. I had to wait until I upgraded my tank so I wouldn't have to be embarrassed by my last tank.

I can guarantee you wouldn't be an embarrasment... Mine is far from pretty at this point as it's a work in progress but what's a reef tank if it's perfect?

I'm confused. Do I understand that you felt you had to have an upgraded tank to come to the meetings? Aww Shucks!

Anyone can come at any level!!! All are welcome (as long as they behave ;) ) We look forward to having you and welcoming all new people!

Feel free to post pics here or on the CRC site of your upgrade progress. People (like me) love that stuff! If you need help, its easiest to create a photobucket account - upload photos there and then patch the link to your RC post.

Good luck!

we all know that that the only perfect tank is the empty one in the garage.
dont be shy!! all are welcome, kids too. we all usually bring our herds.

as far as an embarrassing tank? cmon over and have a gander at the garden.
(which, since i REMOVED the po4 reactor, is going away. i have no idea why except it possibly was just a nitrate sink)

I had such a bad red slime problem in my old tank the entire time I had it, which was about five months. I hated the shape of it as well (29 tall, not a great starter size...but free) and I thought it just looked like garbage the whole time. I finally decided to just not let money control the issue and switch to a 40 breeder, and I couldn't be happier with the results so far, which has been about a month or so. I will post pictures soon somewhere of the progress, I think I have added three or four corals since I upgraded the tank because I have a huge expanse of room now. I wasn't really avoiding going to the meetings because of my tanks condition, I just tend to avoid crowds, and meetings/groups have never been my thing. If I do make it to a meeting I will be surprised, but, we will see I guess. Thanks for all the encouragement though, I feel welcome already.

definitely post some pics of your tank! I've got some on here from when I first started in november and its cool to look back on it. So post em up here, or better yet on the reef club site and then you don't have to worry about uploading to a different host and then hotlinking here...

I wouldnt be too worried about the meeting at all. If you wanna sit back and observe the first time that's fine too. I was a little worried about going to the meetings at first but now it's something I really look forward to every month (I wish we could have it more, but I guess it wouldn't be quite as special.)

Have you looked into going to the frag swap in sacramento march 1st? I know it's approaching quickly but it's going to be a great way to get new corals! Feel free to PM me, Chris (boviac), or Josh (KingHokus) and we can give you the low down on it. It's definitely worth attending!

you need to be a member of a club to attend. our yearly dues are 25$, if you are interested pm missyshrout for details, but hurry time is running out. there will be a 9$ early fee and a 12$ at the door fee for lunch. you are also required to have at least 3 frags to get in.
if you dont go, please stop by a meeting. its just a bunch of people eating pizza, drinking beer, and talking about fishtanks. plus the raffle has been having some good stuff lately

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1280816

You're gonna be jealous of all the stuff Kenny brings back :) That's alright though, just come to the next meeting.

Yeah not that many people in our club knew anything about a frag swap back in October. I think only like four or five people went. After we had shared how that experience was, we are going to have more than double number of people going by my guestamate.

If you have time, I highly recommend you attend the frag swap. Come down with your $25 membership fee, $9 (paypal) or $12 (at door) for lunch, and at least three frags (which can be obtained at several specific LFS or probably any LFS if you ask the right people). I guarantee you won't regret going! Also, bring a cooler for your corals. A lunch size one will do. Check out the link on that was provided above and stand by for a new one with more specific information so you won't have to read through all 5 pages. I will guarantee this will be an exciting event and will thrust you into this hobby that much more. I know that may be intimidating but this is by far one of the best things the hobby can provide. And after all, we're all really geeks to be this much into the hobby. So don't worry - you can be an introvert or extrovert - everyone will come away a winner! If you don't or can't make it, we should be doing one of our own swaps around September. Hope all goes well and congrats again on the upgrade and coral additions.

Interesting how I said I had only 0.03 posts per day, I just checked and with 934 and this will push me to 935, I'm now up to a whopping 0.76 posts per day!!!! :D

Back