150g - "H2O+Something" SPS Reef

A few more macro shots... the last ones from the previous photo session.
(please feel free to correct my id's)

Acropora Red Planet

Acropora Red Planet 2

Montipora capricornis purple

Acropora green (?)

Acropora Garf Bonsai

Acropora sp. (?)

ORA Hawkins Echinata

Seriatopora caliendrum pink

Seriatopora hystrix

Hi reefmutt,

The garf bonsai is down low, almost at the bottom (getting around 200-300 PAR at that area). I found that if I placed the coral more to the top it gets more brighter and not so purple (darkish) intense.

A little late catching up but wanted to say how much I enjoyed the latest pictures. Tank is looking fantastic and the acros all look super healthy.

Hi Sahin,

The tank is doing ok, thanks for asking. I had a problem with the return pump during the summer and lost a few frags and corals, but everything is normal again - I should do an photo update very shortly.

I have bought a chelmon rostratus about two months ago. I saw it in my local fish store and he was amazing. I was struggling with an aiptasia problem so I ended up buying it. In twelve years in this hobby, I've never had a chelmon because I thought they are very difficult to adapt to aquarium foods.
This one that I bought was no exception and I've tried many types of food during the last two months without any success (he was only eating frozen artemia). However, a few weeks back, some of my reef friends started talking me about this food called masstick and how my chelmon should eat it very fast. I had my doubts but eventually I gave it a try.
I was very impressed by the general acceptance of this food by all of my fishes. And yes... it is chelmon's favourite food.
It turned out to be a great solution as you can see in the video

A photo update is about right. Just by looking at that video the tank looks awesome! Can't wait :)

Riz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi Sahin,

The tank is doing ok, thanks for asking. I had a problem with the return pump during the summer and lost a few frags and corals, but everything is normal again - I should do an photo update very shortly.

I have bought a chelmon rostratus about two months ago. I saw it in my local fish store and he was amazing. I was struggling with an aiptasia problem so I ended up buying it. In twelve years in this hobby, I've never had a chelmon because I thought they are very difficult to adapt to aquarium foods.
This one that I bought was no exception and I've tried many types of food during the last two months without any success (he was only eating frozen artemia). However, a few weeks back, some of my reef friends started talking me about this food called masstick and how my chelmon should eat it very fast. I had my doubts but eventually I gave it a try.
I was very impressed by the general acceptance of this food by all of my fishes. And yes... it is chelmon's favourite food.
It turned out to be a great solution as you can see in the video

Wow buddy, that is an amazing sight. I love chelmons...but like you afraid of the fish starving and dying. But yours looks happy. Thanks for update. I look forward to a coral and chelmon video. ;)

Back