160 gallon peninsula reef build

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13454208#post13454208 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Lowredranger
The tank is looking good, I believe that is a McKosker's Flasher wrasse i had one that unfortunately did not make it.
Yeah I'm not sure as the bottom fin is yellow ant that's throwing me off. Either way it's a good looking fish and doing well eating like a champ.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13461898#post13461898 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by thor32766
wow nice to see fish do come that small!!
Hard to believe for you but they even come smaller!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13461718#post13461718 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tangers
Here is a pic of the other feed to get a better idea-
DSCN0877.jpg

I've been meaning to make some sort of holder. Good idea on the pipe!

Thanks, like I said, I find the pvc easier than the stick. Easier to get on and off. More surface area for fish to eat at the same time. Either one works great though.

Thanks for the kind words InsaneClownFish-

Thanks Tommy, I actually modified it a little from an idea I got from someone else. Works out well.

Sweet thread!! i love they way your tank turned out.

I did not see anywhere in the thread, but is that a female bluethroat trigger? Very cool fish!!

I love the peninsula style setup. Its what I would do if I had the room or space....

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13475309#post13475309 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by forddna
yeah, that is cool. What holds it in place? Looks like a string!??
yeah, I just found this piece around the house. It is stiff like a twisty tie but has not metal in the middle at all. just plastic. all I could find at the moment but ended up working great.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13475377#post13475377 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by easye123
Sweet thread!! i love they way your tank turned out.

I did not see anywhere in the thread, but is that a female bluethroat trigger? Very cool fish!!

I love the peninsula style setup. Its what I would do if I had the room or space....
Thanks for the kind words. She is actually a Caribbean Red Tail Trigger (pretty much the same as a Sargassum Trigger).

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13477292#post13477292 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by thor32766
That sargassum is awesome!
Thanks, one of the bolder triggers (especially in that family) I have ever seen!

Some new additions to the tank - so that means new pics :D
New dendros that I bought from another reefer on RC
100_0367.jpg

Flame angel and tri-colored frogspawn that I got from a local reefer-
100_0371.jpg

100_0373.jpg

100_0378.jpg

100_0380.jpg

Torch coral from LFS-
100_0374.jpg

Formosa (I think) frag I got from another local reefer- (hard to get a good pic)
100_0382.jpg

I got this little guy as a hitchhiker a while ago. He dissappeared, when I found him again, I mounted and secured him. Looks kind of like a neon green torch. I don't have what would/would've been the mother colony. Will be interesting to watch it grow!
100_0377.jpg

WOW-this tank is absolutely gorgeous! What a great mix of species (one of the best mixes I've seen) and the corals add a great touch! I'm just getting into the hobby so this tank is a bit of an inspiration to me! Also, the sargassum is awesome-I'm kind of a trigger fan :D

thanks for the kind words fender4string. The trigger is actually going to be leaving shortly along with the Red Sea. I recently got laid off and a lot of changes unfortunately had to take place and one of them being no chance of an upgrade anytime soon. The tank was looking crowded so I will be relocating the chromis, red sea, and the trigger, all to good homes. I have a some pics that need to be posted will try to get them up soon. Thanks all for the interest.

Back