2013 CT Frag farmers Market

pjb9166

Hi everyone.

Is anyone on this site going to the event?
I am interested in getting involved with a club or group of people wanting to share experience and what not.
I'm just getting back into the hobby. Took me 15 years so I could use some help.
My tank has been up and running since Oct of 2012.
It was a seahorse tank and now converted to reef.
Everything setup and perfect. Need to get some corals now.
All I have are a few mushrooms, cleaner shrimp and cleanup crew.
Well reply to this post or instant message me. I would like to know if anyone has been to one of these things and what to expect

Thanks
Paul

I went to this one this year. It was great. Lots of vendors with some really nice deals. I walked away with 15 or so frags (and not those 1/2" things being sold) and colonies. I also won a new protein skimmer at the raffle. The nice thing is if you can't get the price you want at one vendor, you step a few feet over and can probably get it there. You won't find the same prices online or in their shops. At the end one vendor came into the room where the raffle was held and shouted out $.50 frags because he did not want to pack them up. Any frag show/swap/whatever you can get to is worth it.

I went to this one this year. It was great. Lots of vendors with some really nice deals. I walked away with 15 or so frags (and not those 1/2" things being sold) and colonies. I also won a new protein skimmer at the raffle. The nice thing is if you can't get the price you want at one vendor, you step a few feet over and can probably get it there. You won't find the same prices online or in their shops. At the end one vendor came into the room where the raffle was held and shouted out $.50 frags because he did not want to pack them up. Any frag show/swap/whatever you can get to is worth it.

Thanks for the reply. I so wanted to go. Do you know of any other show/trade/swap going on close by? Are there any clubs to get involved in? Im in the Hartford area.

Thanks
Paul

You can check out CTARS in the reef club boards. That's the local club in the area. You can also check out puppy center in west Hartford for great corals.

Back