240g tank w/fish room build

rogergolf66

im an addict lol
Well I'm going to pick up my new tank tomorrow. I'm very excited.

Going to build an inwall tank. It's 72x30x25 with a steel stand. I plan to do a rock wall on the back and both sides.

I will post pictures tomorrow.

Roger

Taking bulk heads out.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422121271689.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422121271689.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 3
You going to have a new build thread?

I always like seeing how someone will spend $7,000 plus!

You going to have a new build thread?

I always like seeing how someone will spend $7,000 plus!

First big thanks to Matt and my wonderful wife for helping with the tank move!!!

I'm sure I will post some stuff. Not sure if I will have a dedicated thread or not.

Here is the new skimmer. Notice the 1 gallon paint can for a size reference.

20150124_150417_zpskyrab98n.jpg

The steel stand.
20150124_150906_zpszrctjavq.jpg

Front of stand
20150124_150918_zpsxombpdea.jpg

Canopy and finally the tank.

20150124_150929_zpsxycy97cj.jpg

Last edited:
Since it will be an in wall tank, will you use the wood part of the canopy and stand?

well my answer to that would have been I was going to turn it around and you would have seen the wood part from the fish room. But the wife and I like the wood so much that we may not do inwall. I will still do the fish room for the sump and other tanks.

What good is that tiny nano skimmer going to do!!!!!! Lol!!!!
Looks great, I have to agree the stand a great looking piece

Simply amazing Roger. You have done it again. Please let me know if you need an extra set of hands to move things around. I will take that chance to see your current setup.

Got a sneak peak of this today and man it's going to look killer when up and running. And that skimmer is a straight up beast!

If it becomes for sale, I'm a buyer

A buyer for what the skin or stand of both? I'm confused :)

What good is that tiny nano skimmer going to do!!!!!! Lol!!!!
Looks great, I have to agree the stand a great looking piece

I know right. U should see it in action it's pretty awesome.

Ya I think he should use the stand too....looks to good to put in a fish room....;)

Thx for the help today Matt!!! I owe u some frags for sure :)

Simply amazing Roger. You have done it again. Please let me know if you need an extra set of hands to move things around. I will take that chance to see your current setup.

I may take u up on that. The wife and I can not lift this thing. I can't deside if I want to build a rock way on the back or not....

Got a sneak peak of this today and man it's going to look killer when up and running. And that skimmer is a straight up beast!

Thx. I'm super excited.

Roger

Back