240g tank w/fish room build

The skin, I assume you have to have the stand. If you were doing in wall the skin wouldn't be necessary was my thinking. But if you've changed your mind about doing in wall I see now why you'd need it

20150124_150417_zpskyrab98n.jpg

Love the garage storage cubbies. Reminds me of grade school.

Oh yea nice skimmer .. .. .. .. I once had an auto head cleaner and it became sort of a pain. The solid skim mate will cake all up in the blade and etc.

Cleaning a bare skimmer cup more often was an easier task since a bare skimmer cup was just round surfaces which is naturally more ergonomic.

I love that the skimmer cup is bigger than the gallon paint can .....what's the diameter of the body and cup and total height?

20150124_150417_zpskyrab98n.jpg

Love the garage storage cubbies. Reminds me of grade school.

Oh yea nice skimmer .. .. .. .. I once had an auto head cleaner and it became sort of a pain. The solid skim mate will cake all up in the blade and etc.

Cleaning a bare skimmer cup more often was an easier task since a bare skimmer cup was just round surfaces which is naturally more ergonomic.

Thx bobby my dad built the cubbies about 15 years ago!!!

I have skimmer head cleaner on my itech. I love it and will always run a skimmer with an auto clean. Jmo I love them!!

I love that the skimmer cup is bigger than the gallon paint can .....what's the diameter of the body and cup and total height?

I think the total hight was like 46 inches. I comes up to my chest when I'm next to it. The info is all in mm not inches but I think body diameter was near 9 inches the neck opening was almost 6 inches that goes into the collection cup.

That skimmer is pretty ridiculous .. .. .. sort of jealous!

Apparently they originally retailed for $1,900!

Capacity: Normal Stocking: 660g
Heavy Stocking: 480g
Pump: 2 x Eheim 1260
Total Power Usage: 104 watts
Air Intake: 1600 L/H
H2O Throughput: 800gph
Dimensions: Length: 25" Width: 13" Height: 39"
Cylinder: 10"
Intake/Return Pipe: Height: 22"/23"
Intake/Return Union: 1"/1.5"

Are you sure that skimmer is big enough? I can give you my contact at Integrated Aqua who can quote you something from RK2. :lol2:

How'd three of you move that thing?

Mine is around 650 pounds and I know I can't lift one end with two people.

I agree with keeping it on the stand. An aquarium can nothing but bad things to your home's value and re-sellabilty if you build it in wall.

Edit: Oh and congrats too by the way - it'll be an awesome build I'm sure.

How'd three of you move that thing?

Mine is around 650 pounds and I know I can't lift one end with two people.

I agree with keeping it on the stand. An aquarium can nothing but bad things to your home's value and re-sellabilty if you build it in wall.

Edit: Oh and congrats too by the way - it'll be an awesome build I'm sure.

I was surprised too but the composite bottom lightens it up alot. Matt is stong. he had the side alone for most of the walk. Chris the guy i bought it from helped matt towards the end too :)

According to those specs, that Deltec pulls similar amount of air but at twice the electrical usage and more water throughput of an i-TECH model 400. Will you be running both on the same system? Curious to see which pulls organics first.

Back