312 gallon cube build

Beautiful tank. I was wondering how you like the sea swirls compared to the Vortechs? I am in the process of building a 96"x36"x24", 3/4" acrylic tank and I am debating between 2x MP60s and 2x MP40s vs. 2x MP60s and 2x1.5" Sea Swirls. Thoughts?

I have always used seaswirls for my returns. I think they provide a nice alternating flow. With the ones i am using 1.5" with a hammerhead pump pushing water through them there is a lot of flow.
The vortechs are a completely different animal. Lots of different water movement modes to choose from, only down side they dont sweep back and forth like the seaswirls. If i had to choose between the two i would go with the vortechs.

For your setup 2 mp 40 would work just fine along with the seaswirls.

Here are some quick cell phone videos of the front and sides of the tank. Its been awhile I need to get some pics done again

What lights do you have on there now? It looks as if the kessil is no longer on the tank. Why didn't you replace it and what is that middle led?

Corey

The kessil ended up dying on me, so i replaced it with an arctic revive T247. Which has built in timers and independent controls on two channels. So far works great

The kessil stopped turning on. I opened it and the circuit board was fried. The radions work great. They are gen one with tir lens

Back