312 gallon cube build

Lights

Lights

Cool looking build! Tagging alone... A quick question about your Radions... do you find that 4 fixtures is enough coverage for that size of tank? I am thinking of getting some Radions, but wasn't sure they'd cover that much real estate for SPS... any insight to your growth/coverage so far?
Thanks!

Thanks for the props guys! Each radion covers about a 2'x 2' section so four of them worked well. Then i added a kessil in the center to fill in that spot. So far its working out great. I have the lights at 70% i can't go much higher. I did try and 80% and the corals started to bleach so i bumped it back down. The lights are 12" off the surface of the tank. The tank depth is 20" and i still gotta keep my chalices and most LPS in the shade

The SPS growth has been great! Its taking a bit longer on some of the corals to color back up after being changed from 20k radiums to the radions. Just about all of them are back to their original colors

added gfo and carbon to a media reactor... ended up having two chalices start to bleach. I think the water became too clear to fast. Lesson learned chalices moved into a shady spot

Thought it was about time to show off the fish. I have twenty fish in the system now. Working on getting a couple more

Female Whipfin Wrasse

Threadfin Cardinals

Christmas Wrasse

Koi Wrasse

Exquisite Wrasse

Male Whipfin Wrasse

Yellow Tang

Desarjini Tang

Vlamingi Tang

Coris Wrasse

Tank is doing very well and filling in nicely. IYHO, do you think going bare bottom was a good choice? I know every tank is different. I am just curious.

Back