6 foot rimless shallow reef build

Found a 36g bowfront at Petco on clearance for $35. Snatched it up to use as a q'tine tank, or something.
IMG00106.jpg

HAHA!

That's my DT! Got it on clearance for $70 at petco! How is that only 35?????!!!!! Incredible deal my friend. Also, you're build is amazing, I'm very appreciative to see this done by different people, different ways, but always the same attention to detail and quality of documentation.

good luck man....STICK WITH IT!!!! unlike your boy lane kiffin!!! yea sorry about that, i go to school at South Carolina! but i will hush now bc yall got us pretty good on halloween in your UGLY uniforms hahaha...seriously tho, good luck with your tank!!

Looking forward to seeing this up and running!! This is exactly the shallow, deep dimensions I want when I get my own place. Currently in an apartment, I went with a 40b and love the 16", now just need a much bigger footprint!
Good luck and keep us updated!

sorry to hear about all this! i am renting now but i have a 40b that i just setup and am somewhat worried about the weight of that since the flooring sucks at the place i live in...hope you get this up and running soon. what are you going to setup in the office? that bowfront?

Well, I have moved the stand and sump downstairs and built new legs for the stand to raise the height up about 6 inches. In the office it was going to be at eye level for me sitting, but needed it higher for better viewing downstairs. Next step is to get my neighbors to help me move it downstairs. I contacted a moving company I found on craigslist but they wanted $100 to move it.
In the meantime I got a 20 long and a 10 for a sump to put in my office. I was going to setup the bowfront, but found it had a chip in the back glass that I either didn't see upon purchase, or it happened as it sat in the corner of the garage. I used the shorter legs from the 6' stand to build a small stand. I'm supposed to get a light this weekend. I've got water and 'dead' rock in it right now. My consolation prize for having to move the beast downstairs.

IMG00050.jpg

IMG00054.jpg

looks great man one thing thou the pillows under your lights,
DSCF6071.jpg

you are going to loose alot of par that way, however you will save on evaporation. lol:wildone::lolspin:

looks great man one thing thou the pillows under your lights,
you are going to loose alot of par that way, however you will save on evaporation. lol:wildone::lolspin:

Haha, yeah, it was the safe way to make sure the brackets were going to hold. That's where the 20Long is sitting now, ready for the lights you are sending. Beast will move downstairs when I can sucker some friends into helping me move it.

Sorry to hear that, man. That sucks.

Been there, though... I sold my main tank a little bit back, too.

Brandon

awesome tank man i just seen the post on craigslist and wow is all i can say well worth what your asking. good luck sucks you couldnt complete your fishtank dreams :beer:

Actually think that I will keep it, things have settled down by selling off stuff from the 20. I've not gotten any offers and it looks so much better downstairs on the stand than on the floor of my office.

hey man since i helped you move it downstairs now. i hope you'll keep it man and make that thing beautiful. thanks again for the rock.

Actually think that I will keep it, things have settled down by selling off stuff from the 20. I've not gotten any offers and it looks so much better downstairs on the stand than on the floor of my office.

cool deal man glad i could help sway your decision lol. i cant wait for the pictures. now go add that sand back and get ya some water in there and that sump runnin and in about a month u can add :fish1: lol.

Back