A Dicey Combination

wsboyette

Well, so far so good with the Dominoes in the tank.... I hope they will continue to get along as well as they do now. Finally got a decent shot of the assorted fishes....

106790671_1581677068657973_181974043842008953_o.jpg

As long as the dominos grow up with other fishes the same size as them at first, they may stay relatively well-behaved. If for some reason they ever end up rulers of the midwater and surface, alone, and they've reached considerable size, they'll make it impossible to add other fish of that sort unless you're real fast doing it. I had another of the ilk, a golden, a humbug (she buzzed, loudly, when irritated: you'd think your phone was sounding off) and she was fine until a power-out got my midwater fishes. After that she was a holy terror, about 7" long and bent on world domination.

The angels are larger than the Dominoes so that may be a good thing to keep the Dominoes from getting too ornery. I have kept primarily aggressive species together in the past with good success.... I think the trick is not to put aggressive species with timid ones.... but am concerned that the little beggars may get out of hand and have to be removed (a job I don't relish with that large artificial reef in the tank, it'll probably have to come out to allow me to catch the Dominoes). I had originally planned to have Javanese (Blue Velvet) Damsels, but were unable to find any so I chose the Dominoes instead.

Last edited:
Back