A Rare Yellow Carpet

Pinkskunk

this is a carpet from Extremecorals.com.......

Is this yellow or what? the post said it's a Haddoni but from the picture looks to me like a gigs.

regardless, i wish i have the extra cash to throw at it and have it in my tank. Looks very healthy.

Attachments

• Yellow-Carpet.jpg
    Yellow-Carpet.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 2
they should point the location from which it is collected....though never seen such a yellow carpet..:fun4:

Looks like a bleached gig to me. Cant tell for sure.

if it is bleached,then what is the original colour...i have seen green carpet going almost white and blue haddoni also going near white,but never seen one to go such deep yellow...:rolleyes:

it is yellow. bleach means it can still be yellow but there is not much zoo....something in it and as you notice there are only white and yellow. once the carpet recover it's zoo...something it will be yellow and brown.........

Can someone please buy this so I can see it in a tank. Some B&W clowns woudl look pretty cool in it

if Lemon is considered green, then yes Tony is right. if Lemon is considered yellow, then no, Toni is wrong. Dont make me prove it :D

IMO, it will be green once it settles in and recovers. If you look at the fold near the glass, it has more of a green tint to it.

I have never seen a yellow gig and/or Haddoni retain a yellow color.

That is its natural color...I have seen this color morph many times in nature while on my diving expeditions.

I have to side with Tony and Todd on this one. I've never seen a healthy, well established, haddoni or gigantea with that color. When/if it gets over the stress of shipping, I'd bet it will be more of a green color.

Haddontea

Haddontea

Apparantly, I have too much time on my hands. Here is a haddoni from RHS on the left, and the EC nem on the right.
haddontea.jpg

Abominable Reef,

i am not sure i get your point..... :)

anyhow, RHS list all of these as electric green: so is the one in the middle considered green? :confused:

Attachments

• green_Yellow.JPG
    green_Yellow.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 2
IMO, it will be green once it settles in and recovers. If you look at the fold near the glass, it has more of a green tint to it.

I have never seen a yellow gig and/or Haddoni retain a yellow color.

I do agree with you that it will be green.But I have seen a Yellow Gigantea in person.Its not a bright yellow like the one in the photo above,but a pure deep yellow coloration.The anemone did keep its color for the 6-8 months it was at the store.The anemone was nice and did settle into the aquarium which it was in.

I have to side with Tony and Todd on this one. I've never seen a healthy, well established, haddoni or gigantea with that color. When/if it gets over the stress of shipping, I'd bet it will be more of a green color.

As I said above,I have seen a healthy Yellow Gigantea.I do agree with you that this one in the photo will probobly be green.But the one I had seen kept its Yellow coloration and had a deep prue yellow for the 6-8 months it was at the store.And it was kept under HQI-T5 bulb combonation.

I just thought I would share.I agree that it is very hard to find a healthy Yellow Gigantea...let alone a healthy any color Gigantea.And it is hard to find a Yellow Gigantea as is....

Carpets

Carpets

Hey guys, at least you can look at pics of them, RHS got in mertens and they said they have NO plans on taking actual pictures of them.

Sounds fishy to me.

Especially when someone is really interested.

Hey guys, at least you can look at pics of them, RHS got in mertens and they said they have NO plans on taking actual pictures of them.

Sounds fishy to me.

Especially when someone is really interested.

Yeah they really are either lazy or selling something without good moral intentions.

RHS......... no picture.........no time......... too busy......etc..... does ring the bell and does sound very familiar to me. i was glad i did not make that purchase back then and i will very very very unlikely making any purchase in the future. there are others that are WILLING to take an extra step to take picture for me and did take the time to talk to me and those are the ones i like VERY much, 2 companies that i would rate very highly:

1) Dr. Mac

2) Michael at nyaquatics.com

both of them took the time to talk, take pictures and ultimately sent me beautiful, healthy anemones.

i will post a pic of my yellow gigantea for those in doubt about a yellow carpet.

Crazy

Crazy

I told the guy repeatedly that i would buy one or two if the pics were good and he said Nah no plans sorry.

They cant expect people to buy stuff based on a stock photo which currently doesnt even show a mertens.

Crazy if you ask me, like you have something to hide.

I actually just swung by to reefhotspot earlier today (I'm in Los Angeles), and I can safely say that about 90% of their 'nems look very healthy--not bleached, tight mouths--this is BTAs, haddoni carpets, and a couple other nems that I don't know of--they look like really colorful LTAs maybe? i'm not sure what a Merten's 'nem looks like, but FWIW, all his nems look like they're doing well.

Back