Acro collection- share your list

I don't normally post but wanted to share what I've learned over the years and hope to help. These are just my opinions and going to be short and to point.

If you're not treating with interceptor and you've added a bunch of acro you most likely have red bugs. People wonder why their acros are not thriving and sometimes it because of red bugs. They are very very small so please check. They can be different color also

I've cut and sold thousands of frags over the years. The smaller the acro or monti frags the greater the chance of death.

The more colorful the frag the greater chance of death

I have learned over the years to only buy sps that perform. I call them all star corals. They grow are hardy and they keep their color. How can you find out which ones they are? Just to a google image search. If you see a bunch of large colonies you know they grow and if you see they are more popular on the forums with people selling them you know they perform. Be careful with these small expensive frags some of them I will not take if you gave them to me. Just my opinion. If a acro performs the price will come down really quick so just wait a year or two and that acro will be $10

Much respect to the OP his tank is one the the main reasons I feel in love with SPS corals in the first place. If you haven't seen this tank in person your really missing out. I personally use Bayer (used interceptor in the past) for my sps it does the job and out of everything I have ever used it really has the least negative effect on the coral during and after dipping. I personally will take the chance from time to time with these smaller frags because let's face it that's the only way you will get them. I also only purchase pieces from locals and vendors I trust. The hobby has changes greatly and there are more people involved in it now than ever before. With growth comes problems and people who are only interested in the profitability of it. Stick with the people you trust and always always always dip your corals.

Christmas mirabilis
Red planet
oregon tort
cali tort
blue tip stag
green slimer
tri-color
echinata
pearlberry
strawberry fields

and was told what is a purple humilis (don't have a pic)

and don't know what this is or the green one behind it.
IMG_4922.jpg

I looked around and didn't really see any threads where folks listed their acro/milli collections.

I ask because I'm hoping others are like me and like trading with other local folks. I really like trading with locals rather than dishing out 50 plus for shipping.

Below is what a have. I have a pretty young tank (year) so a lot of these are still a few months off from fagging.

Hopefully we can keep this updated and do some trading over the years.

EC's Aventador
BC Pixie stick
BC Premoberry
BC Rainbow jewel
BC Durban
Shawn Bennet Yellow tort
BC Fire table
Atl Shades of fall
BC Couchburn
BC Efflo 2.0
BC Soft rainbow milli
RR Canada Orange Passion
Ora Red Planet
Ora Stawberry Shortcake
Ora Peralbeary
Greg Carroll Acroberry
Ora Red Dragon
Sunset Milli
Asd Rainbow milli
BC Cherry Blossam
BC Confetti
BC Spainbow
BC Curmudgeon Blue milli
Reef ready Grape Juice
BC Pearly Cadaver
Miami Orchard
Blue Tort of some sort
PC Rainbow
Tri color
Ice Fire
Ora Scrips
pink lemonade

I have some others that are common, slimer, birdsnest, stags ect and I have the Emmett classics, which you should just get from him.

The lights are off, so I'll update if missing a few.

A few new sticks added. More to come.

RR USA Pink Floyd
RR Blue Milli
RR Vanilla Milli
RR October Sky
RR Stargate
CB Yellow Brick Road
CB Fun Dip Milli

Christmas mirabilis
Red planet
oregon tort
cali tort
blue tip stag
green slimer
tri-color
echinata
pearlberry
strawberry fields

and was told what is a purple humilis (don't have a pic)

and don't know what this is or the green one behind it.
IMG_4922.jpg

Is the green one maybe Montipora confusa?

I don't normally post but wanted to share what I've learned over the years and hope to help. These are just my opinions and going to be short and to point.

If you're not treating with interceptor and you've added a bunch of acro you most likely have red bugs. People wonder why their acros are not thriving and sometimes it because of red bugs. They are very very small so please check. They can be different color also

I've cut and sold thousands of frags over the years. The smaller the acro or monti frags the greater the chance of death.

The more colorful the frag the greater chance of death

I have learned over the years to only buy sps that perform. I call them all star corals. They grow are hardy and they keep their color. How can you find out which ones they are? Just to a google image search. If you see a bunch of large colonies you know they grow and if you see they are more popular on the forums with people selling them you know they perform. Be careful with these small expensive frags some of them I will not take if you gave them to me. Just my opinion. If a acro performs the price will come down really quick so just wait a year or two and that acro will be $10

Emmet, long time man! I also believe that is why the Euro's, particularly the Polish, Germans, and Dutch kick are butt in the hobby, and have tanks far more colorful with sps. Funny thing is that they name corals based on species, and don't get locked into all the fancy names. What they do is work on husbandry and technique to drive colors beyond lineage. They also light with mainly t5, run probiotic systems, and have an eye that is trained to notice deficiencies and how to correct. The trend here in North America however is to over saturate your tank with blues, which IMO allows for the hobbyist to hide deficiencies within their husbandry skills. It's been awhile, hope all is well!
Regards,

To OP,
I am sorry if I in any way detracted from your thread, all the corals and lineages are phenomenal corals, and I hope they all grow into beautiful colonies. I simply wanted to point out that I think our focus sometimes is less on husbandry, and more on gadgets and names. With that said, I must contribute properly to the thread.
1. ORA Tricolor Valida (colony)
2. Tyree Tricolor (colony)
3. Purple Bonsai (mini colony)
4. ORA Blue Tort (colony)
5. ORA Red Planet (colony)
6. ORA Ice Tort (colony)
7. Seasons Greeting Monti (colony)
8. Purple Monti (colony)
9. Red Monti (colony)
10. Jedi Mind Trick Monti (colony)
11. Unknown SPS green with blue tips (colony)
12. ORA Chips Acro (colony)
13. ORA Belina Acro (colony)
14. Teal Stag (colony)
15. Blue Steel Stag (frag)
16. ORA Hawkins Blue (colony)
17. Purple Nana (small colony)
18. Green Slimer (colony)
19. Red Robin Stag (colony)
20. Green Milli (colony)
21. Marshall Island Blue Bottlebrush (colony)
22. Pink Lemonade (frag)
23. Rommels Watermelon Milli (frag)
24. RMF Acid Trip Milli (frag)
25. Sunset Milli (frag)
26. Red Dragon (frag)
27. Acroberry (frag)
28. Raspberry Nasuta (frag)
29. Maricultured Tenuis with teal blue base and pink polyps (mini colony)

To OP,
I am sorry if I in any way detracted from your thread, all the corals and lineages are phenomenal corals, and I hope they all grow into beautiful colonies. I simply wanted to point out that I think our focus sometimes is less on husbandry, and more on gadgets and names. With that said, I must contribute properly to the thread.
1. ORA Tricolor Valida (colony)
2. Tyree Tricolor (colony)
3. Purple Bonsai (mini colony)
4. ORA Blue Tort (colony)
5. ORA Red Planet (colony)
6. ORA Ice Tort (colony)
7. Seasons Greeting Monti (colony)
8. Purple Monti (colony)
9. Red Monti (colony)
10. Jedi Mind Trick Monti (colony)
11. Unknown SPS green with blue tips (colony)
12. ORA Chips Acro (colony)
13. ORA Belina Acro (colony)
14. Teal Stag (colony)
15. Blue Steel Stag (frag)
16. ORA Hawkins Blue (colony)
17. Purple Nana (small colony)
18. Green Slimer (colony)
19. Red Robin Stag (colony)
20. Green Milli (colony)
21. Marshall Island Blue Bottlebrush (colony)
22. Pink Lemonade (frag)
23. Rommels Watermelon Milli (frag)
24. RMF Acid Trip Milli (frag)
25. Sunset Milli (frag)
26. Red Dragon (frag)
27. Acroberry (frag)
28. Raspberry Nasuta (frag)
29. Maricultured Tenuis with teal blue base and pink polyps (mini colony)

I understand what you're saying for sure. To me it's not really about the names, but more collecting. I personally don't buy corals for the name or to say I have that one ect, but I snag them because I like the look.

I don't think you'll find many more people more anal than myself about husbandry than myself..ocd kicking in I guess. Haha. I just recently ditched my Led's that were growing everything really well for a new Sunpower unit, in hopes for better colors and growth. I can see huge differences in the first month for sure.

Thanks for adding your list, I'm guessing your tank looks great!

Thanks for the reply, I also get what you are doing, it sounds great, keep up the work :) Here is a FTS from a couple months back, still a work in progress!

IMG_5032.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back