acros bleaching, still with PE, so not necrosis yet

CTaylor

Hi,
I have a pink millie frag in my tank a week. Ca about 450, Alk 7.8 dKh, pH 8.0, temp 77-78. Good flow with 2 tunze 3. 110 gallon 4 foot wide. Phoph and Nitrate very low (I try to increase them, actually ) at about 10 ppBillion and 0.5 ppM, respectively.

It is near bottom of tank, but the par I just tested is at 275 for peak hours. I took reading with pumps off. Lighting with a700 and two a360. I feel it could be too much light, perhaps it was raised on lower par. And I may have shocked it (?). Other frags in lower light are doing fine so far (knock on wood).

This frag has an area of very light skin surrounding red polyps. It is an area from just above it's base to near one of the tip of a branch. It's a very small frag, only about 1" from base to highest point. I just moved it to an area of about 150-170 par. I'm hoping too strong a light too soon was the cause as I can easily fix that.

I attached a pic, but it's not great, best I can do. You can see the area on it's right side, rising up the branch pointing straight up.
Edit: the pic uplaoded at a right angle. . The base of the frag was actually pointed from right to left almost 180 degrees horizontal. So looking at the pic uploaded, the area is going from the base, 'down' the left side there of the pic , to the left branch, ending near its tip. That tip in the tank does point upward :).

TY!

Any input?
TY!

Attachments

• IMG_4355.jpg
    IMG_4355.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back