Acrylic Fabricators- local

ConcreteReefer

In Memoriam
I have a local Fabricator building me 2x 60g prop tanks (48x24x12). This is his first go-round at building aquarium products *but* has been doing this for 30+ years.

I'll be taking pics during the whole process and posting here on Reefcentral. If all goes well were going to attempt a ATB cone skimmer clone w/a dart needlewheel. (He has made acrylic cones before)

His shop is amazing w/ some 3 axis cnc's & a couple of crazy machines (few antique's) **You feed it plastic & it spits out whatever you've tooled it with) He was making some plastic rebar "chairs" when I was there.

I'll keep you updated with the progress-

Sounds interesting... after watching melev working with acrylic for a few years I was actually thinking of trying to build a sump or two??

He's just building a few things for me right now- If everything works out he said its ok for me to give out his name & #.

The thing is, he's never really built anything for saltwater aquariums, You can say I'm his Guinea Pig. He is looking to venture out & make some extra cash, just wants to make sure its worth his while first.

i'm looking for some other work to be done as well in acrylic ... can you please post his name/number, or send me a PM with it?

decided to ditch the frag tanks (It's cheaper to buy a 60g acrylic from glasscages.com & set it up the way you want).

I'm getting an ATB skimmer so he is building me a 36"x20"x20" sump w/a 10"x10" skimmer section, 10"x10" refugium, 4" return section, 4" drain section, & a couple of baffles for bubble catching. It will be done by tomorrow or early next week. My skimmer will perform better in 6" of water so he is building a stand for it as well.

I will post pics of his work when it's done. Haven't really had time to take pics of the progress.

Here is the unfinished sump- Still needs bracing, holes drilled, & polishing. The only thing I don't like is the center baffle for the bubble trap- It's only 3/4" off the bottom. I'm only going to push around 800gph through this sump so it should be fine.

pics-

sumpjp8.jpg

Sump is finished- 36"x20"x20"
10"x20"x12"Skimmer Section ,10"x20"x12" Refugium, 5 probe holder, recessed bracing for optional lid, skimmer stand, smoked acrylic inner panels for minimum light transfer, etc.

Anyone needing fabrication shoot me a pm & I'll get you in contact with the owner. Here are some pics-

dscn0769po4.jpg

dscn0768ks2.jpg

dscn0770ln1.jpg

acrylic work

acrylic work

there is also manny in miami i have his # and he does great work
just ask any of the fmas members.
i dont know how his pricing would compare to your guy but he seemed fair to me.
in my experience we all get charged more for everything here in sw florida
we get taxed because we live in the middle of nowhere big cities are always cheaper IMO
that sump is b!tchin!!!!

Back