ADD a Fathead Anthias (SUN) Or not ?

Antman

Hello all
I now have a 54 Gal tank with 15 Gal sump Euro reef skimmer - & fuge
and I am thinking about another fish or 2 I would love a Fathead (sun) Anthias and some kind of sand sifting goby or blennie or a Purple Firefish
I now own

Coral Beauty
2 Perculas
Bicolor Blenny
Fridmani Pseudochromis
Starcki Damsel
Spotted Mandarin
I may have a yellow watchman goby in my overflow I get him out avery few months but he jumps back in this game ia a year old now

Any thoughts on adding thees fish ~

A firefish or blenny would have compatibility problems with some of the other fish you have.
A fathead would probably do fine although they are known to remain hidden unlike other Anthias species that spend the majority of their time in the upper water column.

Ed

FWIW I disagree with above negative posts. I think the fish would be fine as long as you have plenty of rockwork. However that is based on my experience with only one fathead. He is a little shy - but he's out where he can be seen 90% of the time & simply yields to the more boisterous fish like the bicolor anthias, the tank "terror" & the flame angel.

I also have damsels but they are sooo much smaller than the fathead - no problems there.

I had one and it was not shy and seldom hid. Slightly bossy with passive planktivores but did no harm. My problem with this species and some other anthias is that they fade under bright light. No matter what you feed them. Mine became a pale pastel version of its former beauty.

Back