Advice Needed

BenR7132

Contemplating keeping my 60G rimless cube since it didn't generate a lot of real interest. Thinking of running it sumpless, with some kind of HOB skimmer. Is anyone else running a set up like this and if so, what HOB skimmer is the best bang for the buck at the minute? I have had Deltecs in the past and they are pricey...but the Remoras are too loud/inefficient.

Penny for everyone's thoughts, BTW this will be FOWLR.

Ben

Hmmm...I can't imagine not skimming in a marine tank. Maybe I can get away with it for a bit but I travel a lot so need to be able to leave the tank for UP TO 2 weeks.

Thoughts on the best skimmer options?

Charles ... not sure what his name is now; used to be delsol ... he had a beautiful tank that he ran sumpless (he may still be running it, I don't know). Maybe seek his opinion, as well as what people respond with? And of course try the equipment forum?

I did a 90 gal for a while with a cyclone skimmer. Got some monti's and SPS surviving until I moved to my 150.

I still have HOB skimmers in my garage.

Thanks guys. I am looking at the HOB Octopus because they are soooo much cheaper than the Deltec, and this is only FOWLR. Think they should do the trick.

Back