advise needed

nataz

Ok heres my prob. if i get a 220 and have it drilled by the store, if they will drill it . this will void my war. on the tank. 2nd if i go with a tank with build in overflow i have to go with their stand or i void the war. also but i dont like their stands. so im stuck go with a 180 with overflow buy the stand and blow the 300.00 for the stand or get the 220 or 265 and try to get them to drill it and so the heck with the war. perfecto its the company that said they will not war. there tanks if it is drilled by anyone owner or dealer.my buddy at elmers told me this yesterday. any advise would be great.

I would just get what you want and not worry about the warranty. I don't think these tanks break often and if it did, you would have a lot more to worry about than the cost of the tank.

-Ray

I think most store will drill your tank for you.If you are worried about the war. Without being drilled,your war. will most likely be over by the time your tank leaks anyway.So why not drill it .IMO

Double check with Elmer's, but in the past the would gaurantee any tank they sold for one year if you bought a setup from them. If it makes it a year, it is unlikely to have any issues unless you put it on a really lousy stand.

They can't void your warrenty if you don't buy their stand. That practice was made illegal ages ago. Just like a printer company can't void your warrenty for using 3rd party ink, paper or other supplies.

As long as the stand you build is the same quality or better than the stand they sell, you should be fine.

The avg consumer is not aware of the warrenty laws, but they are pretty easy to find and pretty easy to read. Just go to
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/warranty.htm

There are a few other gov sites that spell it out... but in any case it is an outright lie when they tell you that!

Bean

From the above website:

"Tie-In Sales" Provisions

Generally, tie-in sales provisions are not allowed. Such a provision would require a purchaser of the warranted product to buy an item or service from a particular company to use with the warranted product in order to be eligible to receive a remedy under the warranty. The following are examples of prohibited tie-in sales provisions.

In order to keep your new Plenum Brand Vacuum Cleaner warranty in effect, you must use genuine Plenum Brand Filter Bags. Failure to have scheduled maintenance performed, at your expense, by the Great American Maintenance Company, Inc., voids this warranty.

While you cannot use a tie-in sales provision, your warranty need not cover use of replacement parts, repairs, or maintenance that is inappropriate for your product. The following is an example of a permissible provision that excludes coverage of such things.

While necessary maintenance or repairs on your AudioMundo Stereo System can be performed by any company, we recommend that you use only authorized AudioMundo dealers. Improper or incorrectly performed maintenance or repair voids this warranty.

Although tie-in sales provisions generally are not allowed, you can include such a provision in your warranty if you can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the FTC that your product will not work properly without a specified item or service. If you believe that this is the case, you should contact the warranty staff of the FTC's Bureau of Consumer Protection for information on how to apply for a waiver of the tie-in sales prohibition.

I like drilled tanks. Internal overflows trap nutrients. Few warranties are worth anything anyway.

looks like i posted my question in the right place ....thank u for ALL the info...:) THANK U!!!!!

Back