Announcing the semiannual "URSNY Reef Garage Sale" 1/27/08

PCIALF

All of us have a bunch of equipment laying around and we thought it would be a great reason to get everyone together a couple times a year and have a "URSNY Reef Garage Sale". We will be starting with 1 in Rochester and 1 in Buffalo with looking to possibly do 1 in Syracuse at a later date. The normal yearly schedule is going to be 3rd weekend in October and the 4th weekend in January so save your stuff and look forward to these dates!

We will be inviting the LFS's to these events to showcase there businesses and products. There will be door prizes and more. The cost of attending the first event is FREE!

Bring anything reef equipment related to sell or trade like a garage sale. Yes there is going to be frags swapped as well. I would suggest though, to make it more interesting we hold off on pre-selling our equipment, rather bring it and then when you are walking around you never know what you are going to find.

The first one is going to be incorporated with Mark Kliers event on:

Jan 27 at 1pm. at
4415 Buffalo Rd
North Chili, NY 14624

There will be free tickets distributed to the LFS's (Initially @ A Reef Creation, Caribbean Forrest, Marine Oasis, and The Reef Shop, in alphabetical order ) next week and can be mailed if you are not in the area.

We will have the first Buffalo one before Summer (date to be coming soon) then stick to the above schedule.

We hope to see you all there and look forward to starting a yearly tradition we all can look forward to!

Moderators please sticky this thread.

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11457537#post11457537 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tmz
John, Great idea.

Thanks Tom. We think it will give us all something to look forward to a couple times a year and as well as another excuse to get together.

I will start what I will be offering. Picts and prices to follow

Flourescent Green Hammer

Bright Orange Zoa's

Bright Green Zoa's

Peach / Orange Ricordia

more to come :)

Is this going to be like a frag swap where people can say that want this and that and it will be saved for them or will it be first come first serve.
I will be there and I am looking for a sump that will fit in my 90 gal stand that has a refuge built in also.I have been running a tidepool sump and I really need to upgrade and need a refuge....Scott

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11459197#post11459197 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by weaver5
Is this going to be like a frag swap where people can say that want this and that and it will be saved for them

It is whatever you work out with the seller :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11460135#post11460135 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by razzmatazz
can we list what we are looking for?

Yes there are really no rules. Lets just enjoy it and have fun!!!

sounds like it should be lots of fun:D
I am looking forward to it.and meeting alot of new people.
I have no corals to swap, but will have good old hard cash.
will be looking for any soft and lps corals!!

garage sale

garage sale

I will be attending , I have a ton of stuff to get rid of 2 protein skimmers , calcium reactor, lots of pumps , you name it after 10 years you collect alot of stuff. RickM

I'll be there

I'll be there

I plan on bringing some equipment and some frags. I'll be looking for equipment and frags, too. If you want a frag of one of my corals and you don't see it posted anywhere simply PM me with your request.
Rick- I'd still like a frag of your purple tricolor Acro if at all possible :)

Rick,
I might be interested in one of the skimmers depending on what they are.
This is a GREAT idea. Someone put their thinking cap on to come up with this. KUDOS.

Will be looking for frags too!!!
Can't wait for it

Bryan

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11465102#post11465102 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by nwrogers
I will be bringing a bunch of SPS, some common and some uncommon, for sale/trade. I will wait for a trading thread or frag swapper to be setup before I post what I have. I don’t want to clutter this thread up with trade requests.

hope no one will get mad, but sure would like to see a trading thread or fragswapper set-up for this.it would be easier,I think.

bryan

bryan

Skimmers are a backpac and a skimmer built by Geoge Adams , pictures in my gallery it comes with a mag pump 150 .00 Calcium reactor is a Koralin ,needs an o ring comes with everything except media, 200.00. RickM

Back