Any effects of loud music on a fishies?

crc1984

I am setting up my new tank in my livingroom where we have loud parties from time to time. Just wondering if there is any effects of loud music on the fishies? I would naturaly assume that it shouldnt be a big deal, just wondering if anyone heard of any research on this or is it cool that the fish party with us.

as far as research is concerned ive never heard of music being detrimental to the health of fish.

Me personally I would beg to differ. Ill put in my 2 cents later.

It's not really a myth. The decibel level that would affect fish would also have a very bad affect on humans.

TFH magazine many many years ago had an article regarding loud music (I believe they sited using The Who as the test music) being pointed at Oscars.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Play UFO's Rock bottom at an unnatural volume and see the reaction. You may need to do an extra water change afterward. Click . After the test song, you should be cleared for any pre 1987 Van Halen and Ronnie James Dio. Hope this helps.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14173915#post14173915 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BreadmanMike
Come on Jeff... Van Hagar RULES! :p
I hate you :(.

I read and wasn't going to post as usual but when I saw Van Hagar Rules, I nearly threw up. You're better than that Breadman, I know you are.

And Jeff mentioning Dio . . . that brings back memories of, well just memories.

Well since you don't have any fish I don't think you will have a problem...I doubt your rock cares, or even knows, when your having a party LOL

I hope not we had out daughters sweet 16 party in the New York Aquarium. The DJ set up right in front of a huge reef tank.
We rented the place out and hired buses to bring the kids there.
This was 14 years ago so I don't know if the fish are still deaf :D

The only thing that might affect them is if youre allowing everyone in the house to smoke and the room is like a cloud of smoke...... I dont think the music would have any effect though.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14178562#post14178562 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by badazztealcobra
The only thing that might affect them is if youre allowing everyone in the house to smoke and the room is like a cloud of smoke.......
And if that happens, I hope your playinng the "Roof Is On Fire" song to go with that smoke. HaHa

Pat, Jeff, Bob...

Where is the love? VH was great with David and Sammy. Gary Cherone on the other hand makes me want to puke. :D

They should go on tour with both David and Sammy. Would be awesome. They could call it "The best of both worlds" tour. I'd bet almost as good as when Godsmack opened for Metallica a few years ago.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14178562#post14178562 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by badazztealcobra
The only thing that might affect them is if youre allowing everyone in the house to smoke and the room is like a cloud of smoke......
Depends on what you're smoking the fish may like a little clam bake!

Back