Any ideas?

Reefstart

What is this? I know what I suspect but looking for non biased input. 1/2" diameter, colors are true in picture under 100 blue, 65 wh8te, 100 moon on led fixtures. Basically took all rock while rescuing 30 gallon reef which had a light crash and couldn't afford to replace. Found these little guys when I got home and under my lighting. 2 of them 4 inches apart
8d347685661003d0f28fe1c6820b4ff3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Looks like something similar to or is an aiptasia anemone.. you also have numerous vermetid snails there (the pig tail tubes)

Unless it's something special I would nuke the whole batch of rock to get rid of the snails.

+1

regardless of the type of pest nem (Aptasia, Mojano, other) the Vermitid snails (little tubes) are WAY WAY WAY WAY worse... nothing eats them and will cover all your rock....

Blah......vermetid snails are for the most part harmless filter feeders that typical dont become a problem in well maintained tanks....certainly not worth overreacting and nuking rocks.... Like many new tank creatures they can seem to go crazy in a new tank but then they tend to just self regulate and chill

I always had vermetids and they did no harm to the other critters. However, working on tanks with lots of them always left me with multiple cuts and scratches. Mine eventually disappeared. If you get rid of them now, there's a good chance they will just come back, and you'll have wasted your time.

Your little nem could be a majano, I've seen green ones. It could possible be a rock flower anemone, but I have my doubts. They tend to have much finer tentacle than yours, even when they are small.

Back