Any Rockford Reefers out there??

Clowny88

I have just jumped back into the hobby and have my system up and running for about 6 weeks now.

Just wanted to see who else is in the area. I've seen a couple other posts on here but maybe there's more out there lurking?

I live in Caledonia and have a 120 gallon tank up and running for about 7 months now. Struggling to get it stocked at the moment after several complete losses of livestock while in quarantine. Anyway, I'm here!

Regards,

Nathan

I sent an email to them earlier this month asking for membership information. There has not been any reply yet.

A little south here too, Byron... But work in Rockford. 6 weeks in to my tank, BACK in the hobby after a 15 year absence.

Johnike - You have an LFS near you that you visit?

I'm in Rockford! Not sure what the deal is with the Rockford Reefers. Always been a flaky bunch. The idea of the club was a group buy thing. Never really worked out I think. Trying to muscle shops that are barely making it for discounts.

I'm in Rockford! Not sure what the deal is with the Rockford Reefers. Always been a flaky bunch. The idea of the club was a group buy thing. Never really worked out I think. Trying to muscle shops that are barely making it for discounts.
Wow. Well I just like talking to people in the area, possibly trade with in the future, etc.

I would not call us a flaky bunch we just have a lot of other things that we spend our time on these days. There are still 10 of us so that get together every month or two have lunch and talk about our tanks. We still do some things and help each other out. For the last 4 years I have been asking for someone to take over the club if they wanted it to but no one has stepped up so I just do what I can. The club is no longer primary focus. We still do group buys as a club all the time. Just did one for the club last week. The club has been and always will be focused on people being involved which means coming to club meetings and events. The people who show up learn a lot, have a great time and have the option to participate in group buys and other events that are not advertised out to people who are not involved. You should come out sometime and see what we are all about.

The club is still here, but like goat585 said, lives get busy and you have to dedicate time to other stuff like kids, family, work and other hobbies. I made time to volunteer at the Aquatic Experience Rockford club booth last year and met some great guys that participated in manning the booth. These few guys and gals I met are nice people. I plan to be more involved in the meetings.

In Oregon, I looked into Rockford Reefers a little while ago and I don't want to speak out of turn, but I don't think it exists anymore. If you go to CMAS there might be someone close.
Meg

Oops...

Oops...

Sorry to the 10 of you! It's been awhile. Hope you are all doing well!
Meg

Back